// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕠𝕟𝕖 //

hiraeth - part twenty-one

»»——⍟——««

       Goku walked down the long halls, peeking into each classroom as he searched for Y/n. Many of the graduates were spread about, talking and planning as they waited for the ceremony to begin. As he walked, he passed by the girls' restroom, bumping into a girl who was exiting the bathroom. Goku let out a small "oof" as he caught the girl, holding them in his arms.

"Oh, sorry about that!" Goku apologized. The girl jolted in surprise, looking up at Goku, her hat revealing her e/c eyes. His eyes widened as he grinned, squeezing her. "Y/n! There you are, I've been looking for you!"

"You have? Why?" Y/n asked in confusion, wondering if Gohan had sent Goku for her. Goku frowned as he remembered the situation, furrowing his brows.

"Did Videl really try to beat you up?" Goku asked. Y/n bit her lip, wondering if this was the best place to speak about the matter. Grabbing Goku's hand, Y/n led the larger man to a more private area, which ended up being an empty changing room. As she closed and locked the door, Y/n sighed as she looked back to Goku.

"She just showed up while I was getting ready. She freaked out, and when I shut the door, she started beating it down. I didn't know what to do, but she was acting scary... So I jumped out of the window. It was on the fourth floor, it was really scary, and I think I fainted, but..." Y/n gave Goku a bright grin, giggling. "I flew for the first time, Goku!"

"That's great, Y/n!" Goku chuckled, before turning serious again. "But you're okay, right? Nothing's hurt?"

"I'm okay, Goku. But actually, I needed to talk to you about something now that we're alone." Y/n said. Goku raised an eyebrow, smiling as she piqued his interest. "I need your help in gathering the Dragon Balls."

"What? Why? What kind of wish are you trying to make?" Goku questioned as he tilted his head in confusion. Y/n sighed, looking down.

"I want to get my memories back. That's why I'm not asking Gohan. I just don't like the idea that there's a whole chunk of my life missing. I want it back, even if it's bad memories." Y/n said. Goku frowned sadly, feeling bad for her. He couldn't imagine what it was like knowing your own memories had been locked away deep inside you. Goku had never been fazed by his bad memories, and couldn't understand why Gohan had taken them. Gohan had just stated that it's too much for normal people. Goku wasn't normal. Y/n was though, so he should help her.

"Sure, we'll just need to borrow the Dragon Radar from Bulma. When should we do it? After today?" Goku asked. Y/n nodded, giving him a thankful smile.

"Yeah, tomorrow. I'm staying at Capsule Corp. with Bulma, so just stop by tomorrow." Y/n said. Goku looked at her in surprise, having been unaware of her moving in with Bulma. Y/n hadn't seen the point in keeping everything a secret from Goku, seeing as how he didn't understand school anyway. "Just don't tell Gohan about any of this, okay? I'll talk to him on my own terms once we've made the wish."

Goku nodded his head in agreement, Y/n breathing a sigh of relief. With her plans cemented, all she needed to do now was get through the day, which had already been a struggle. As long as Y/n didn't speak to Chi-Chi or Mr. Satan, things should go along smoothly.

It wasn't long after Y/n and Goku's talk that things finally began. Guests sat outside as a spokesperson stood on the stage, calling graduates to the stage to be conferred on their degrees. It thankfully hadn't been long before Y/n's name was called, the girl shaking nervously as she stepped onto the stage.