The Crystal Tower

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS WHOLLY PUBLISHED ON WATTPAD. IF FOUND ON ANY OTHER SITE, IT IS STOLEN CONTENT (I'm looking at you, Teenfic). IF FOUND ON ANY OTHER SITE, PLEASE REPORT IT TO ME EITHER BY MESSAGE BOARD OR DIRECT MESSAGES

"Everything you see in front of you will one day be yours, Gemini." Her father said. She sat on his lap, looking over the Grimlands.

"Why?" She asked eagerly. Her father chuckled.

"You are my daughter, are you not?" He asked playfully. She giggled.

"I know! But why will it be mine? Why not FWhip?" She asked. Her father sighed.

"You may be twins, but you are still the eldest, even if by a few minutes." Her father said. She curled up against his chest, feeling sleepy. His white and ginger beard scratched her back.

Five years later he would die in war. And she had ran, leaving the Grimlands on her brothers' shoulders.

. . .

The cold wind and snow bit at me relentlessly. I knew I should have gone around the mountain. But, of course, I didn't. And now I was stuck in a snowstorm.

I pulled my cloak closer, shivering aggressively. I had to find shelter soon. I wouldn't last much longer out here.

It had been over five years since my father's death when I was eleven in our war against the Cod Empire. Foolish little me had run away. Now I was sixteen, and probably going to die tonight.

A sudden, fierce determination overtook me. I WAS going to survive this storm.

I stumbled along, breath heaving. It was a subtle slope, slowly draining my energy. Almost worse than a steep one. But I clenched my fists and kept walking.

Then, almost like a miracle, I saw a light through the snow. I almost cried with relief as I rushed forwards, grasping for the light.

Soon, the tower came into view. That's when I hesitated. The structures base resembled that of a Grimlands tower. But it had a roof of shining, purple crystals. My shoulders sagged. That was the light I had seen. Then I perked up. No fires were lit inside, suggesting it was abandoned and available for me to stay in to wait the storm out.

I quickly found the door and let myself in. I immediately felt warmer.

I found the fireplace, which luckily already had dry logs in. A large purple couch sat in front of it. I struck a match, and soon I had a blazing fire. After a few minutes of rubbing my hands together and blowing into them, I frowned. Why had the logs been dry?

My mind was reeling as I pulled myself up onto the couch.

I saw a mug sitting on the table. It took me a moment to realize what it was. And once I did, my heart froze. Steam was still rising off of it.

Then I heard footsteps and ragged breathing behind me. I gripped the handle of my knife, rolled off the couch, and ducked under the table.

I saw the man walk around and freeze when he saw the fire. He was wearing purple slippers, green pajama bottoms, and holding a wooden staff. His gray beard reached his waistline. He slammed it into the ground with a reverberating thud.

"Come on out, my child. I will not hurt you." He rasped. I slid backwards into the shadows. Once I was, I jumped forwards with the knife. The old man just chuckled.

"You are welcome, as long as you mean no harm. Come, my child, sit. Tell me of how you came to be in my humble abode. My name is Gandalf." He said, a look of genuine kindness in his eyes. He sat while I remained standing.