Chapter 14

DAMIAN'S POV:

It's been 2 days. I was discharged but had regular checkups comings.

Today I get to stay with Anya for the night.
The nurses said she has to be left alone and I need to get rest and kept me off the place at nights. Every morning Becky takes the lead and she spends the whole day with her.

I walked into her room. It was quite early. She was still sound asleep. I placed a kiss on her forehead before going to cut the apples for her. I wanted to be here before Becky did.

"Hmm.. No.. Please don't.. It hurts.. Please..." I heard Anya mumbling. I went near her. She was starting to sweat.
"Anya? Is everything alright?" I asked holding her hand.
"please. Please. Stop. It hurts." she whimpered holding her head.

"Anya. Anya wake up. It's a nightmare. Anya wake up!" I said trying to shake her up.
"Please don't!" with that she bolt awake breathing hard.

"Anya. It's okay I'm right here. It was just a nightmare." I said making her look at me.
"Damian!" she exclaimed before throwing her arms around me.
"It's okay love. I'm right here." I said massaging her head.
"The doctor. He was here. He was trying to put that thing on my head again." she said.

"It's okay Anya baby. It was a nightmare. It's okay." I said.
After a few minutes she pulled away and wiped her tears.

Then she asked me to get in the bed with her and cuddle her. And I did. Even though we couldn't cuddle properly yet, she slept on my chest as I played with her hair. And I fell asleep too.

I woke up when i heard the doors open. It was Mr and Mrs Forger.
I look at Anya, she was still sleeping. I tried to sit up when Mrs.Forger asked me to stay like that.

"Is she doing okay?" she asked me.
"she's having nightmares of the doctor. I put her to sleep once again." I said combing her hair backwards.
She snuggled closer to my chest.

"I'm glad you're there for her. Of only she let us, we could help." Mrs Forger said as Mr. Forger wrapped his hands on her shoulder.
"It's okay Yor. She'll come around. She just needs time." he said trying to Console her.

"How are you Mrs. Forger? How's the baby?" I asked.
"both of us are fine. He's giving me morning sickness and nausea a lot." she said.
"I'm telling you, it's a she." Mr.forger protested.
"I think it's a boy." she said.
"I think it's a girl too." I said. "it'll be cute to have a baby girl around." I continued.
"Right?" Mr. Forger said defending himself.

I chuckle at their bickering. Suddenly, I felt Anya stirring.
"Guys!" I whisper yelled gaining their attention.
Mr. Forger quickly kissed Anya's forehead before leaving.

I pulled Anya closer to me.
"Good morning love. Time to wakey wakey." I said
"hmmm? I don't want to wakey wakey." she said.
"come on love. You gotta eat and take meds." I said pulling us up.

After breakfast and meds Becky came to visit. And she left quite early that expected. Sam and I talked about renting an apartment near the hospital just incase. And he agreed on it.

----------------

" Damian. We gotta keep her here." the doctor and I are arguing.
It's been a few weeks. Anya's nightmares have calmed down. She's taking foods as usual. Although, she keeps telling she's fat.. Or she's insecure about herself... But we'll get through it right?

" Listen. She's stable and healthy after 3 months of medication. But she still needs to be checked upon. Her wounds are healing still. And I strongly suggest you keep her here." the doctor said but I wasn't in for the idea.

"I want to go too, doctor. Staying here for long... I don't like this. It feels really uncomfortable.." Anya spoke up behind me.
"Anya! Why are you out of bed?" I said wrapping an arm around her waist to support.
"I'm all well aren't I? The doctor said it. And I can walk." she said leaning her head on my shoulder.

"Guys." the doctor started again.
"Please doctor. I promise to take good care of her. Bring her to regular check ups. We'll be living just 2 blocks away." I was practically begging her.

"we'll be there too." I heard Becky's voice as she approached us.
"Sure." Sam added.
The doctor looked at the four of us.
She sighed in defeat.

"Fine. Regular check ups. Medications. And food. Everything should be taken care perfectly." she said sternly.
"Yes mam." the three of us said in unison.

"You can take her tomorrow. Alright?" she asked.
The four of us went inside.
"Everything's ready?" I asked Sam.
"Double checked everything. Only you arrival is pending." he said patting my shoulder.
"Thanks." I said giving him a bro hug.