𝟒| 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐮𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬

CHAPTER FOUR:

RECRUITING MUTANTS

IT WAS BRIGHT OUTSIDE as the sun was shining down on the many civilians in one out of the many countries on the planet

IT WAS BRIGHT OUTSIDE as the sun was shining down on the many civilians in one out of the many countries on the planet. Every couple minutes or so outside, the wind could be felt blowing around that had the grass planted on the ground and the leaves on the trees moving in the direction the air was being blown towards.

In the bright blue sky, the clouds were white and fluffy-looking like they always looked while they were moving in one direction every minute or so, the time continuing to go by throughout the new day for the many living things in the country on the planet called Earth.

In one of the many offices in the facility, Y/n found herself leaning against the desk as she sat beside her brother with the man in the black suit sat across from them. The three adults could be seen looking through the glass window and out at the radar installation that sat on the large green field in the back of the facility.

About a day had gone by since the mutants had came to the facility and they had met Hank McCoy and found out about his prehensile feet. The Xavier woman had her elbows resting on the surface of the desk, eyes squinting a bit since the sun was shining through the window.

"Hank turned that radar installation into a transmitter. It's designed to amplify brainwaves so it could enhance your telepathic powers, help us find other mutants for our division." The man explains.

"What if they don't wanna be found by you?" A voice questions.

All three of them look over at the sound of a familiar voice, seeing Erik now standing at the doorway with his hands in his pants pockets. Y/n tilts her head as they make eye contact, remembering how Charles told her the night before that he had spoken to Erik before the man could fully leave, not knowing if he had convinced the older mutant to stay so they could find Sebastian Shaw together.

"You decided to stay." Y/n points out with a little smile.

Erik nods at her, feeling his lips twitch up before looking to the man. "If a new species is being discovered, it should be by it's own kind. Charles, Y/n and I find the mutants. No suits."

"First of all, that's my machine out there. Second of all, and much more importantly, this is Charles and Y/n's decision. They're fine with the CIA being involved. Isn't that right?" The man asks as he looks to the siblings, seeing them exchanging a glance.

Charles shakes his head. "No. I'm sorry, but we're with Erik."

"We'll find them alone." Y/n adds.

The man raises a brow. "What if I say no?"

"Then good luck using your installation without me." Charles replies.

The man doesn't say anything else as the three mutants look at him, wondering if he'd say something, yet he doesn't. There was some time that passed as he had led them towards the radar ball, Raven having joined them. Y/n trailed behind her brother as they walked up some stairs with Raven right behind her and Erik being at the back of them all as they walked further into the ball where Hank could already be seen inside, greeting them all with a small wave. In the middle of the room, was a headpiece that was hooked up by many wires, showing that Charles' head would go in there.