𝟖| 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬

CHAPTER EIGHT:

CHOOSING SIDES

CUBA

WAR WAS COMING. The ocean was full of ships on either sides of the waves as soldiers prepared themselves to fight against their enemies, ready to shoot at the enemy boats so they could get the fight over with faster. The sun was bright as it occasionally moved behind the clouds that were moving in one direction in the somewhat bright and light blue sky, the same color as the ocean waves all around. Soldiers and captains could be seen in the ships and just as one was ready to fire, a jet flying above all the ships caught everyone's attention.

Inside of the jet, the group of mutants and Moira could be seen in their suits, strapped to their seats as Hank flew around while staring out the windows. Y/n could be seen sitting right across from her brother, hands holding the straps around her torso and shoulders as Erik sat beside her. The others had all been strapped to their own chairs, none of them saying a word. Y/n watched as Charles brought his fingers up to rest on his temple, his eyes closed as he no doubt was going through someone's mind at the moment.

"The crew of the Aral Sea are all dead. Shaw's been there." Charles announces, opening his eyes and dropping his arm.

"He's still here, somewhere." Erik argues.

"He set the ship on course for the embargo line." Charles informs as he takes a glance at the only human in the jet.

"If that ship crosses the line, our boys are gonna blow it up." Moira tells them. "And the war begins."

"Unless they're not our boys." Y/n states.

Charles was bringing his fingers back to his temple, going into someone else's mind. Hank was looking out the window as he flew, seeing a missile flying close towards them from one of the Russian ships. Before it could hit their jet, he was flipping the jet around, causing for the others to reach out to grip the chairs and each other, even if they were strapped down. Erik instantly placed his arm over Y/n's stomach, feeling one of her hands gripping his arm tightly as the missile flew right by them and hit the other Russian ship.

"A little warning next time, Professor." Hank calls back to the telepath when they were back upright.

"Sorry about that." Charles calls, glancing at the others. "You alright?"

Sean shakily nods, out of breath. "Yeah."

"That was inspired, Charles." Moira comments.