𝟕| 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐬

CHAPTER SEVEN:

MATCHING SUITS

THE CLOUDS WERE BLAND, blending in with the sky that was a grey-ish type of color like it had been for the past couple of days for the mutants living in the old Xavier mansion in Westchester, New York

THE CLOUDS WERE BLAND, blending in with the sky that was a grey-ish type of color like it had been for the past couple of days for the mutants living in the old Xavier mansion in Westchester, New York. The rooms in the large structure were empty, other than one room that looked like an office where everyone could be seen inside all together. There were many windows all throughout the mansion, some of them wide open so the air would blow in to give the mutants some fresh air.

Inside of the study room the mutants were in, all their eyes stared at the small television on the small table as the president's voice came through the small speakers. Charles and Moira could be seen sitting side by side on the sofa while everyone else stood around them. Y/n found herself leaning against the side of the sofa, eyes on the small and not so good screen as she stood beside Erik, who now found himself holding a gun in his hands.

"It shall be the policy of this nation to regard any nuclear missile crossing the embargo line that surrounds Cuba as an attack by the Soviet Union on the United States requiring a full retaliatory response upon the Soviet Union." The president's voices explains on the television.

Erik points at the television with the gun. "That's where we're gonna find Shaw."

"How do you know?" Alex questions.

"Two superpowers facing off and he wants to start World War III." Charles replies, shaking his head. "He won't leave anything to chance."

"So much for diplomacy." Erik comments with a blank tone, looking at the others. "I suggest you all get a good night's sleep."

And with that, he turns around and walks off, leaving everyone else to watch him leave. As he left the room, Y/n took notice that the grip he had on the pistol he had been holding the entire time tightened.

* * *

It was dark outside, the nighttime sky having replaced the bright one that only shows up in the daytime. The sounds of the crickets chirping added to the many other sounds of the nature all around the Xavier residence. Only a couple of hours had gone by for the mutants and the human detective currently staying in the Xavier mansion and the members of the group could be seen in their own bedrooms that they had chosen for themselves the first night they had gone to the mansion, all of them preparing themselves for bed before the big day they'd have tomorrow.

Y/n could be seen in her old bedroom she had been living in when her and Charles were children, pulling the sheets back as she prepared herself to head to bed before she'd have to wake up early in the morning tomorrow before the big fight.