𝟓| 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐚

CHAPTER FIVE:

HEADING TO RUSSIA

THE SUN WAS SLOWLY beginning to set, showing nighttime was coming, citizens being seen walking through the streets either by themselves or with their own small groups, walking across the roads when they didn't see any vehicles around them

The honks of the horns coming from the cars driving on the concrete roads could be heard, adding to the many other sounds in the city as the birds could be seen flying high up in the sky, their chirping sounds echoing in the civilians eardrums to make it known they were there.

A couple of hours had gone by since the three mutants had been going around, determined and also hoping that they'd be able to convince the mutants Charles had been able to find with Hank's machine. Much to their luck, they had been able to recruit four mutants, each with different abilities than the other.

The large building that was a museum stood tall and proud as the three could be seen sitting on the steps. With a chessboard in between them, Charles and Erik sat on either side as Y/n sat on the end, being on both sides when they were playing.

"I can't stop thinking about the others out there. All those minds that I touched." Charles admits with a chuckle. "I could feel them. Their isolation, their hopes, their ambitions. I tell you, we are at the start of something incredible. We can help them."

Erik raises a brow. "Can we? Identification, that's how it starts. And ends with being rounded up, experimented on, eliminated."

Charles shakes his head. "Not this time. We have common enemies. Shaw, the Russians. They need us."

"For now." Y/n retorts in a quiet voice.

Both men look at her, seeing she was looking at her hands instead of also looking at them. Charles moves his gaze back to watch the sunset, not noticing Erik was still staring at his sister. Feeling a pair of eyes on her, Y/n slowly looks up to see the Lehnsherr man still had his eyes staring right at her, their gazes meeting. There was a moment as they stared at one another before Y/n looked away and back down at her hands.

* * *

It was later in the day. The nighttime sky was up and out at the research base full of scientists that worked there, the scientists now in their homes, sleeping soundly before they'd have to head back the next morning and work. It had only been a couple of hours since the three adults had been playing chess together, more like Erik and Charles playing while Y/n would keep track of who was winning or playing on both sides.

The government had agreed to let the mutants fight against Sebastian Shaw, having explained the whole thing to Moira when she was in a meeting with them. Now, in the nighttime air at the research base, the female agent could be seen dressed nicely as usually as she headed out of a room and in the direction where the younger mutants had been sitting together, trying to get to know one another better.