𝟔| 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

CHAPTER SIX:

DAYS OF TRAINING

DARWIN WAS DEAD. While the three older mutants had been dealing with Emma Frost in Russia, Sebastian Shaw and his other mutants had invaded the facility that the young group of mutants that Y/n, Erik and Charles had recruited, searching for the group in hopes of them joining his side. Unfortunately, Angel had done so after she had listened to his convincing words. Darwin had hopes of tricking the evil man that he'd join them as well before getting Alex to use his abilities to injure Shaw, only for it to backfire on him.

The young group of mutants could be seen sitting outside of the now destroyed facility with soldiers and guards walking around everywhere when Y/n, Moira, Charles and Erik were exiting a vehicle together. The Xavier siblings had been the first to jog forward and turn the corner to see the group. Raven was quick to rise up to her feet at the sight of her sibling figures, arms wrapping around Charles in a tight hug since he was the first to get there. When they pulled away, the blonde and Y/n were immediately hugging each other.

"We've made arrangements for you to be taken home immediately." Charles speaks up, glancing towards Sean and Alex.

Sean shakes his head. "We're not going home. He's not going back to prison."

"He killed Darwin." Alex adds, tone laced in anger.

"All the more reason for you to leave." Charles fires back. "This is over."

Raven frowns. "Darwin's dead, Charles. And we can't even bury him."

"We can avenge him." Erik blurts out.

Y/n nods. "He's right."

This had everyone looking at the two, the younger people of the group having hope in their gazes that maybe they could actually avenge their friend's death. Charles let out a sigh, walking towards Erik and his sister, claiming to need a word with them. Everyone stared at the three as they walked just a couple feet away, their backs facing the others.

"They're just kids." Charles whispers.

Erik shakes his head. "No. They were kids."

"Charles, he's right. Shaw has his army, we need ours." Y/n states.

Charles sighs, moving to look at everyone else. "We'll have to train. All of us. Yes?"

They all nod. "Yeah."

"Well, we can't stay here." Hank comments, catching everyone's attention. "Even if they reopen the department, it's not safe. We've got nowhere to go."