Chapter 7

I took a deep breath trying to calm down before getting out of the car the next morning. Daily affirmations... yeah that would help right?

Okay Lexi, You're going to pull through today. You WON'T kill anyone, and you wont threaten to commit arson either. You just have to get used to your new classes, survive the Mr. Hampton and Ruby tag team, and somehow get Matthew to listen to you......

I sat in silence before biting my lip and holding back tears. "I might just die today," I whispered to myself. I finally stepped out of the car and made my way inside the school. I continued overthinking about my situation as I walked, and unfortunately for me I didn't pay enough attention to where I was going and bumped into someone.

Out of all the shitty things that could happen to me as soon as I got to school, I just had to walk right into Ruby. She gasped and snapped around to look at me.

"Eww, what the fuck you dirty bitch. You're going to get your ugly all over me!" She yelled in disgust.

"Way to be fucking over dramatic," I replied in annoyance, which I forgot I was trying to stay lowkey with her. Ruby's jaw dropped and I mentally prepared for more dramatics.

"You're so fucking stupid!" She raged. I stood back and watched her like she was crazy, and soon a teacher came running up to us.

"What in the world happened here?!" She asked frantically. I opened my mouth to explain, but Ruby beat me to it. She pointed at me in anger.

"She shoved me Ms. Heart! I was going to forgive her but then she started swearing at me and threatening me!" Ruby yelled. I raised an eyebrow.

"That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard," I muttered under my breath. The teacher glanced at me then turned her attention back to Ruby.

"Those are fairly serious accusations. Do you have any witnesses?" She asked, and Ruby nodded. As if they read her mind, a couple of random girls walked up and began defending Ruby's claims, saying they had heard everything.

I knew I was completely defeated, so I didn't bother saying anything in my defense.

"Well then, all of you may leave. I'll be taking Miss Johnson," with that, Ms. Heart dispersed them and began leading me away. Suddenly she stopped and turned to look at me.

"I already know that isn't what happened," she said. I looked at her.

"How do you know? Everyone else in this school would believe Ruby over me," I said.

"Because, I can see what Ruby is actually like. I've tried stopping her behavior before, but it never really works," she said. "If you ever need anything, feel free to come and ask, I'll be more than happy to help."

With that, she walked into her classroom and left me in the hallway. I sighed as I headed to the office to pick up my new schedule for the day. The lady at the desk gave me my paper and I quickly skimmed it over as I walked around the school.

Unfortunately I was still unfamiliar with several parts of the school. So although I was looking at my schedule, none of it meant anything. I sighed and looked around the entrance hall as I walked through. On the opposite side of the hall, I caught sight of Amanda.

I smiled and went to approach her when I saw another person with her. One of Ruby's friends was standing in front of her, and although I couldn't hear what she was saying, I could tell that it was nothing good.

I quickly walked over to them and called out to Amanda.

"Hey Amanda!" I said. They both looked over at me. Ruby's friend looked annoyed but Amanda looked relieved.

"Lexi, what are you doing?" She asked. I smiled and grabbed her hand.

"Oh, there is a teacher calling for us." I said and quickly dragged her away before the other girl could say anything.

"Which teacher?" Amanda asked. I laughed.

"I made that up. I do need your help though, I have no idea where some of these classes are," I said and handed her my schedule. She looked through it and nodded.

"I think the only ones you probably don't know are all after lunch. I can just walk with you to them because I'm in all of those. Bummer that we don't share any morning classes," she said. I frowned.

"Noooo, I was hoping we would only have one or two different classes," I sighed as she handed back my schedule. "Well, wish me luck, I'm going to need it."

~~~~~

As I walked into my first class, I was pleased to see that it was much more calm than the standard classes. Probably because everyone in the class looked serious about school. I picked an empty seat by the window and set my things down. Almost as soon as I did, I felt someone come up behind me.

"That's my seat."

I turned around to see Matthew looking at me in annoyance. I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, chill. I'll move," I said and grabbed my things. As I looked around, Matthew pointed to the seat in front of him.

"Sit there, no one sits there," he said and sat down in his seat. I looked at him suspiciously, but didn't say anything as I moved up a seat. Fantastic, I could already tell that my new schedule was going to be so much fun.

As the teacher walked in, I recognized Ms. Heart from this morning. She looked at me and gave me a smile. There was another student trailing behind her. He was the epitome of 'good boy' looks, with slicked back hair, glasses, and his entire uniform being worn properly. Basically he looked like a complete nerd.

"Good morning everyone. As of today, we will be having two new students. One has been attending the school for a couple of weeks and moved into the advanced classes, Lexi Johnson," she said, "The other is completely new to the academy, Jae Kim. With his amazing abilities, he has been accepted into the school with a full scholarship!"

Although I was still new to the dynamics of the school, and the students in this class were significantly less interested in social standing, even I could feel the sudden hostility everyone began directing at Jae.

"Jae, you can sit at any empty seat you would like," Ms. Heart continued, oblivious to the tension. Jae walked over to the back corner on the other side of the room from us and sat down without saying anything. He glanced over and made eye contact with me before quickly looking away and pulling out a notebook for class.