Chapter 8

The rest of the day progressed, as I went through with my new schedule. As Amanda mentioned, I see mostly the same people in all my classes once in the advanced program. There was still always some variation of students from class to class.

Except for two.... coincidentally Matthew and Jae just so happened to be in all of my classes. Matthew wasn't in my class with Mr. Hampton and Ruby, but Jae was even in that class. I sighed as I shook my head.

    Matthew made sense. Somehow our parents were trying to play matchmaker with us even at school, which obviously wasn't working since Matthew thought it was two different people. Jae however, I found it strange how our schedules could be exactly the same by coincidence.

    I continued on a path at the back of the school. I had been directed that the tutoring sessions with Matthew would be somewhere behind the school in a different building.

    I walked along the path blindly since all I could see was trees surrounding me, I was unaware of another building behind the school since it wasn't visible. After a little walk longer, I reached a clearing with the most stunning greenhouse I had seen. It reflected in the sunlight like a diamond, and was surrounded by a calm pond full with ducks and other birds.

    I stared up in amazement as I walked over the elegant bridge to the entrance. Even by my standards it was simply incredible. It was large and had a Victorian style that complimented the castle-like school building. I excitedly opened the door and immediately saw shades of green peeking through.

    The interior was just as stunning. I could hear water that sounded like a calm river coming from somewhere and even saw a few birds flying around. I wandered further into the greenhouse and followed the path leading down into the center, taking in all the flowers and plants.

At the center there was an amazing table for hosting guests. I didn't see any sign of Matthew yet. Off to the left, I saw another path leading past a wall of vines. I pushed them off to the side and walked down a dimly lit path. The plants were more dense on the path, so less light was visible.

Once I thought I had reached the end of the greenhouse, it once again opened up to a small space.

However, it wasn't empty. It looked like someone had been spending time here, there was a seating area, a desk, a bookshelf or two, some coats hung up in the corner. It was brighter than the walkway, but still had string lights hanging over everything and some lamps that were currently turned off.

It was beautiful and looked like someone's hideout spot. I slowly looked around, in the corner there was a couch facing the back windows, overlooking the lake. I looked over the couch and jumped back a little.

There was someone laying on it, with their arm over their eyes and breathing softly. I took a closer look to see it was Matthew. I could tell by his dark brown hair with slight waves throughout it.

He was honestly really attractive, I just watched him for a second before snapping out of it. I made a face of disgust and put my hand on my chest.

"Eww what?" I whispered to myself. I shook my head and walked to the desk and put down my things. I pulled a seat up to the opposite side of the desk that Matthew seemed to sit at.

I began pulling out the class notes and homework, just setting up quickly before waking up Matthew to start. Before I could, his voice spoke up from the corner he was laying down.

"What the fuck?" He said. I dropped my pencil, startled by him suddenly speaking, and turned around to see him sitting up on the couch. He quickly rubbed his eyes and brushed his hair out of his face. "Why the fuck are you here?"

"I'm your new tutor," I said awkwardly. He frowned.

"This is my personal space, plus I don't need a fucking tutor," he said and stood up.

"Well I was told to come here, and that you were told ahead of time the session would be here," I said, trying not to get mad already. He rolled his eyes.

"If I knew you would be here, I definitely wouldn't have shown up. Plus, I wasn't told anything in the first place."

Matthew walked over and slammed my book shut. He sat down in his seat and pulled out his own things.

"I don't need you here, you can go. I'll explain the situation to my mother," He said and waved his hand without even glancing up at me. I clenched my jaw and took a deep breath.

"Matthew lis-"

"Nooooo, you can go," he interrupted. That was enough for me. I stood up and slammed my hand on his book. He jumped a little and looked up at me with wide eyes. "What do you think you're do-"

"Shut the fuck up," I said slowly, making direct eye contact and leaning over.

"Your mother told me to get this done, and I am going to get it fucking done, do you hear me?" I continued, as Matthew shut up and continued to look at me. "I have waited to fucking long to have this chance, so if the only thing I have to do is keep your mother happy, then I'm going to do that. I tolerate you at any other time, but for this, if you can just shut up and comply then I can make it easier for you.

"If after that, you still hate it that fucking much, then we will just both show up and we will ignore each other during the duration of the study sessions, and then you can continue failing the class. Does that sound good to you?"

After a moment of silence Matthew finally spoke.

"Whatever, just get your dirty hand off my fucking textbook already," he huffed. I slowly sat back down in my seat and gave him a bright smile.

"So, what have you been struggling with?" I asked politely. Matthew looked at me like I was crazy for the sudden switch.

"If I knew, I would have fixed it by now you fucking genius."

"Oh my bad, I forgot to know everything about you," I retorted.

"You know what, I'll just do it myself. Just go be a nuisance somewhere over there," he said. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my things.

"Fine, but don't come crying when you get stuck," I said and flipped him off as I moved.

"Fine! As if I would need to," he flipped me off back and we both sat looking away from each other in silence.

Getting his grade up looked like it was going to be worse than I imagined.

A/N: Like and comment if you enjoy the story <3