Ch-16

"What's wrong?" He brushed the tear from my cheek

The rain was warm and light, and I blinked it off my eyelashes.

"I love you," I breathed.

His gaze burned around the edges, as the mantra of my pulse filled the space between us.

Love me too. Love me forever.

He stepped forward until his tux brushed my dress, slid his hand to my nape, and pressed his words to my ear. "And I love you, Elena Russo."

Nico might have been a bad man, but where he lacked morals, he more than made up for himself as a husband.

He loved me forever.

The ending is so sweet... I doubt I'll get over this book. I don't usually read Mafia romance but this one got me hooked.

So hooked that I just had to finish it before my first class today. Hence me standing in front of my locker about.. two minutes before the bell is supposed to ring. Usually, I'm in my class by now.

But that's because I hate standing, I'm lazy. Nothing related to getting the first seat or anything. It doesn't matter to me because it depends upon where your attention is, the seat doesn't make a huge difference.

But everyone assumes I am already in class because I'm a nerd. And that ladies and gentlemen helps me keep up my reputation.

Ain't I an evil mastermind? Mwahaha.

" Here you go. " Drake appears out of nowhere. Well, not technically anywhere because that is not even possible. In conclusion, I was lost in my thoughts and did not notice him coming towards me.

And I also forgot I was waiting for him.

I take the jersey out of his hand and open it.

Why is it so big?? It fucking reaches my knees.

I frown, " you're so big. The jersey, I mean. How is it supposed to fit me? The jersey again."

He simply chuckles looking at me.

" Don't laugh at me," I say kicking his shins lightly and shoving the jersey inside my locker.

Just then the bell rings.

" C'mon, we'll be late. "

--------