Hungry magic

The school canteen was located in the building next to the huge auditorium. The canteen can easily be seen due to its fruity color and unique design - a shape of a cupcake. This shape changes every year, whatever was the best selling this year will be the shape next year.

So, obviously... cupcake was selling so well last year.

We, students of the Wizard school had a tacit understanding... to never buy a lot of ice cream in a cone! Never! Imagine if the canteen was designed after it? That's like eating a building design as poop for sure. (✿˘̩̩̩̩̩̩ヘ˘̩̩̩̩̩̩ )

Phayu entered first and check which cupcake flavor was available. Rain followed but acted as if he was forced to come. His face was long and his eyes red but still secretly looking at the displays.

Now you asked why I knew all of this again. Simple! My stomach ramble and all my little pets inside urged me to eat a cupcake too! I have my own money to spare... Uh, okay, fine! I'm curious about what these two will talk about that's why I'm here.

Rain: [That strawberry one is quite nice.]

Rain: [Oh! mango flavor looks delicious too.]

Rain: [Hmmm... I can eat three, right? I have money.]

Rain's train of thoughts kept flashing in my mind faster than the computer prompting that it has a virus! His eyes wandered from dark chocolate, mango, and strawberry, sometimes it landed on the avocado-flavored one. Hmm. Seems like someone was hungry too.

"You should choose now," Phayu said in a tone half-arrogant and half-apologetic. Both his hands were hidden inside his pockets looking seriously at the menu board. There will soon be a hole in the board if he stared a little longer.

He stood upright with his back straight. His very image screamed handsome if that was even enough to describe it. His long hair was tied in a man bun with a few strands remaining. According to the girls, Phayu was an Adonis in the wizard era.

The white-fitted uniform emphasizes his manliness and great figure. All girls were drooling on him and even the boys stared at him except Rain. Well, Rain only cared about him when it comes to the status of who tops the class but aside from that Phayu was not included in Rain's peripheral vision.

Such a sad truth.

Rain was a little shorter than Phayu and he looks like a child fighting with an immature tall guy. The tom and jerry of the wizardry world. Imagine tom and jerry casting spells while chasing each other. Yes. The very perfect image of these two.

"I'm not hungry," his lips pouted as he answered the opposite of what he really wanted. Before coming here, he asks if he can have a dark chocolate cupcake. He even wanted to get strawberries and mango! What a hypocritical little creature. (; ꒪ö꒪)

"Such a princess. Then I'll choose for you. Don't even complain if you don't like it," Phayu had one of the side lips raised as he said these words to Rain while side-eyeing him. His slim fingers pointed to a few flavors of cupcakes and whenever each flavor was selected, Rain's mind was shouting "Yes!"

Oh. Beauty. Why do beauties be like this? I can't understand and I don't want to understand. I only existed to narrate!

Before leaving the counter, Phayu added, "... add one Thai boba tea, please." To which Rain's eyes widened and his ears perked up but never dared to state his thoughts aloud.

Rain: [I should have ordered that too! tsk.]

Sometimes pride was larger than the great ocean. Some prefer to swallow whatever it was just to preserve it. Rain was like that. In the many years that we have been classmates, I observed that the guy was ensuring to save a very specific pride... the top student pride.

In the canteen, all tables and chairs were floating. So, if you wanted to go to your assigned table you have to ride your stick! The two rode their stick with Phayu leading and Rain following. His head kept turning back to the counter wanting to order a Thai boba tea.

"So, what did I do wrong? Why are you a sissy today?" The chair was not even warm yet when Phayu opened his mouth. In all seriousness, Phayu did not understand why Rain acted that way. He was used to them bullying each other. When one throws water, the other will throw water with mud.

... or even ice water.

That's how it was since the beginning so why did his rival suddenly cry and become sensitive? That spell did not even spill on Rain's clothes. It was the other classmates who were affected. Not that he thought that it was right but Phayu thought it was the best memory they could have before starting as an adult wizard.

Rain looked at him with a 'really?!' face and ignored him. His eyes once again returned to the counter.

"Did you cry because... you were not splashed with pee???" It was an honest question, unfortunately. Phayu really thought it was the reason Rain cried.

Another glare was thrown at Phayu without any words.

"Are your eyes okay? It keeps glaring. Why don't you schedule a check-up for that?" It was a one-sided talk with only Phayu talking and never getting an answer yet.

"Sigh, princess. Please, tell this poor-handsome soul why you cried today."

Hearing the word princess again, Rain's anger rose, and blurted out, "Who are you calling princess?! Do I look like a girl to you?! It's your eyes that should be checked not mine!"

"Fine. Then, witch, will you tell me the reason now?"

This infuriates Rain even more. His hand slammed on the table as he answered, "Do I look like a witch?! Am I that ugly?!"

"Whoa. Witches are our cousins... wait. no. You haven't answered me yet."

The conversation was blown away with the wind to the other directions, and the crucial matters were not answered. Rain wanted to rebut but the orders came in and the witch- ahem... I mean the wizard carrying it told them with gritted teeth, "don't cause trouble here."

The two looked at each other and did not say anything. On the table were the flavor that Rain wanted to eat, mango, strawberry, and most of all dark chocolate... slurrpppp!

"Here," the extra large-size Thai boba tea was pushed by Phayu gently towards Rain acting as if he was not the one doing it, "I saw you drink this before with your dark chocolate cupcake."

It was a surprise for him. Phayu remember what he was eating and on top of that, he remembered the pairing! "...-father," he murmured.

"What?"

"My father was here..." he repeated in a minute's voice.

"Oh. Really? So was mine." Phayu grinned from ear to ear. Obviously, the guy did not get what he meant.

Rain rolled his eyes and took a sip of the Thai boba tea while his other hand reached for the dark chocolate cupcake, "Whatever."

Phayu: [This guy... tsk! He will never find a lover with attitude.]

***

Well, I don't know if this chap makes sense (˃̣̣̥︿˂̣̣̥) but uh... enjoy??? ꒰•⌓•꒱.

I was really busy with work that I lack two chapters last week. I'll try to write one more chap this week after I finish all my reports (.づ◡﹏◡)づ.