Warning Magic

When he returned home last night, his father was not around, and his mother said that he was out with a friend. So, the plan to ask for more advice was not done and therefore, in the morning, he went to Rain's house trying to do the same thing as his father did!

Clear the grass and trim the tree!

However, there was no tree to trim, no grass to cut and only bushes which were obviously taken care of were happily busking under the sun.

When he was contemplating whether to go to Rain's room, sounding footsteps made him sweaty and panic! Then, the voice did not even let him hide, Rain's father was standing in front of him, looking down at him like he was looking at a clown.

"H-hi, dad- I mean, Sir!!! Hi SIR!" He stood up and saluted to the man in front of him but he did not know why he was saluting! He only knew that he was nervous as hell.

Does he look good? Does he look decent at least? He can't be looking like a criminal, right? Why is he in a bad light every time he meets Rain's father? His hands secretly pull the leaves of the bushes behind him unconsciously. He was truly nervous.

"Do you like mushroom porridge?" The cold voice of the man asked. He was asking if he likes porridge but to Phayu it seems that if he said yes, it will be his last meal, and if he said no... it will still be his last meal. He gulped and answered, "Y-yes."

"Follow me before you pluck all that leaves"

Phayu: Σ(゚口゚;)//

Compared to his free-spirited father, Rain's father was like a king, he exudes that aura of a dominant, authoritative, and all-knowing king. You can't bear to say he was wrong even though you knew he was wrong. You can only agree because you thought he was right too.

He walked upright, steady and sure.

He only had a chance to see the inside of the house once when they watched the movie in Rain's yard. Oftentimes, he directly flew straight to Rain's room, making the window their door. It was romantic and it was also a pity that he had to go through the window.

"Sit down." Rain's father said.

The house was clean and had white as its dominant color. It seems to house a happy, harmonious, and loving family. Colors are deceiving indeed. "Thank you," he said but he waited for Rain's father to sit first.

The wizard nanny places a bowl of mushroom porridge in front of him and a cow's milk if he was not mistaken. He can only pray for peace in his stomach. Will he be able to digest this food? Good thing he has a healing ability!

"Eat, Rain made it for me." Huh! So, petty! I make Rain a porridge too. Tsk. He tasted the porridge and imagined it while his little wizard was making it. Did he cut his fingers? Did he panic when the fire was high, his beloved Rain, his baby whom he cherished can cook? He is so proud of him.

"That's why it tastes so good. My bab- Rain is full of skills." He scoops more fearing that the father had noticed the words he was supposed to say. His sweat was as thick as a mongo seed in his back. He does not want to die today!

Rain's father leaned on the chair, his right leg crossed on his left leg gracefully and he placed his two intertwined hands on his knees, "Rain cried because of you today," he said, eyes observing the young wizard still scooping the porridge.

When he heard it, Phayu raised his head and the worry in his eyes was obvious. The wizard was not shy to show his emotions, "Why? Was he in pain? I need to talk to him-" he was about to stand but the man stopped him saying, "Sit down. He is sleeping."

Phayu looked at him and waited for his words. His heart was pounding, and his mind was racing towards Rain. His baby cried. His poor baby cried again. Did the father and son quarrel because of him?

"I'm afraid my son will only cry in the future because of you. He is my only son and anyone who hurts him must be punished. What do you think about it? It's fair, right?" There was no trace of joking or pranking or bluffing in those tones.

Phayu felt like a cold bucket of water full of ice was poured on his body. He was anticipating that the next words of Rain's father were to ask him to break up with his little wizard. He can't. Rain is his life now. His oxygen and his blood. He can never leave Rain.

"I won't!" he said abruptly fearing that the worst would happen if he did not speak up. "I vow with my life that Rain will only be happy in the future. I will love Rain more than he loved me, care for him more than he cared for me. Between us, I promise that I will be the most devoted in our relationship. I will swear it using my blood!"

He summons a water knife and is ready to cut his palm when it is slapped away by a blue fire, "Hurting yourself will only make my son cry, are you stupid?" He took a deep breath and was silent for a while. His head turns upstairs in the direction of Rain's room.

"He trusts your love for him so as a father, I will trust you to do the things you said. I will accept you and try my hardest to treat you as my son, never to interfere in your relationship. This... this is my punishment for making my son cry."

Honestly, as a father, no one deserves his son. Even if it was now accepted in the wizard realm that two same-gender wizards could love each other. It was still new to him especially now that it involves his son. Only the best can take his son's heart but now, the young wizard in front of him took his precious son's heart and he can only surrender, watch from the sidelines, and only act if Phayu hurts his son.

"Your name is Phayu, right?"

In reality, Phayu can't believe it. Was he hearing it right? Rain's father acknowledges him and says it was a punishment. He thought he would be the one to receive punishment! How much did his little baby cry for this stone-cold father to break?! He must buy sweets for his baby!

Phayu stood up and gave a bow of respect and gratitude to Rain's father, "Thank you, sir. I am Phayu, it's nice meeting you"

The man waved his hand and stood up, walking towards the door, "Rain is upstairs. Bring him porridge, he has not eaten yet. And..." he gave him a dagger's eyes, "Don't eat my son in my house."

Phayu: Σ(゚口゚;)//