Wintering (3.1)

A/N: Bestiessss, we're backkkk!!! And this new part is a good one, it might be my favourite. Me and A have become obsessed with Matty and Baby's story (Yes, she got a cute nickname like Wheels and it stuck lol) and we can't wait to share more. There's going to be at least 6 long chapters to this story as we can't stop writing. We really hope you enjoy this new part as much as we do and thank you so much for reading x

Written by imagine-that-100 and -alovesreading

~*~*~*~*~*~

The day Being Funny dropped, you're sure you listened to it through at least 30 times. Both listening to it completely transfixed like you were the first time, and having it on in the background when your best friend came around.

When Amelia came to yours, you got so deep into recounting the events of the night before that you didn't realise what the time was when your phones started blowing up. Your storytelling had distracted you from realising the date and that your scheduled video of yours and Matty's chicken shop date had been posted, it was finally out for everyone to see.

The both of you had to pause your story to post on all your social media platforms and when that was done, you sighed looking back up to your best friend who is already looking at you in desperate need for you to continue talking. When you finished telling her, she was gobsmacked at every little detail, from Matty phoning you to come back into the venue, to him kissing you outside your building and following you inside, to holding his hand during the album, to him climbing into your bed and the both of you sleeping beside each other.

She asked if you were going to message him, and you shook your head as you remembered he mentioned New Years before he left. It gave you that little bit of hope that he would want that second date. The last thing you want to do is message him and annoy him and blow your chance.

It was needless to say that yours and Matty's chicken shop date blew up. The response from it ended up being fucking insane and obviously the fact that you kissed on camera had the fans going feral.

You were getting messages from everyone about it, endless people saying it was your best date yet. Even Amelia's Mum texted her about the date, saying, She really hit the jackpot with this date but he's definitely a heartbreaker 🥰🍾

It made you cackle when Amelia posted that on her instagram story and tagged you with a caption that read, Linda, so is she!!!!!!!

Despite the date blowing up, your hard work had been done after you posted everything on your socials and you posted the picture that you took of the cigarette that you stubbed out amongst your food and you tagged Matty, but other than that you hadn't messaged him.

You didn't think anything of tagging him, and you certainly didn't expect a response as he should be partying again because it's his album release day. But when you got into bed that night at about 1am you see that he's replied to you.

Tasty x

In a little panic, you chose to not reply to him because honestly you really didn't know what to say. It was definitely too late and you were too tired to be attempting to come up with a flirty response that probably wasn't going to earn you a response.

The following day, you had a few things to do in the morning, but you had decided that early afternoon you'd wanted to go to The 1975 pop up shop on Brick Lane in Truman Brewery. A full shop filled with 1975 merch was actually a dream of yours and there is no way you wouldn't be going.

You wanted to set off from your flat at midday, but Amelia phoned you to go over some details for an upcoming date she had and you ended up running ideas back and forth with each other for an hour. It was just after 1pm when you bid each other goodbye and you got your phone out to check train times on City Mapper to see when was best to head out as if you weren't on the phone you would have most definitely been there by now.