Merry Christmas (4.3)

Make sure you read 4.2 first x

~*~*~*~

This morning you decided you would let Matty rest, as after a night drinking you usually want to stay in bed for the majority of the morning, so you've left him to it. You wanted to text him wishing him good morning and that you hoped his head was okay after all the wine, but you didn't want his phone to go off and disturb his sleep, so you left it.

Instead you busied yourself, you went out and did the food shopping for the family even though you were leaving in the next few days. Regardless, you went out and did it, and as you were halfway through unpacking it all and putting it away into various cupboards, your phone starts vibrating and when you take it out of your pocket you see it's Matty FaceTiming you.

"Morningggg!" You answer excitedly as the call connects and you prop your phone on the windowsill so he can see you.

Instantly you're met with a loud groan, and when you look at your phone, you giggle seeing that Matty's face is all scrunched up with his head still in his pillow.

"I'm far too hungover for you to be this chipper so early on." Matty says as he turns his brightness down on his phone a little, his eyes being far too sensitive to your light setting. "I called because I thought you'd be half asleep like me."

"I'm sorry baby, I've been out this morning." You lean forward over the worktop so you can see him properly, and you grin seeing how cute and tired he is, "I'm ready for the day."

You don't realise you've even done it, but Matty grins at you when he asks, "Did you just call me baby?"

Knowing he was right and that you must have done it, you try to maintain some confidence instead of immediately shying away like you're used to. You ask him with raised eyebrows, "Is that not allowed?"

"It's allowed," Matty nods, entirely amused yet he also really loves that you said it, "But I just didn't expect it."

You hum, letting yourself smile at him, but you change the subject, "How are you feeling?"

"Rough." The curly haired brunette admits, "Had one too many glasses of wine."

Even though you could tell that last night, you coo, "Aw no." as you don't want him feeling unwell.

Matty lets out a long sigh before he snuggles back into his pillow, he tells you, "I need a cuddle baby."

"Wrap a blanket around yourself and consider me giving you one."

"Not good enough, I need you in my arms." He says as he pulls his duvet up around his shoulders and pouts at you.

You can't stop smiling at him as you tell him, "If I could teleport, I'd be there in a heartbeat."

It warms his heart immensely, but so does yours when he coos, "Need you."

"Aw Matty," Your chest aches for him, you wish you could spend a full day cuddled beside him, it's a crime you can't yet. "Don't make me feel bad I can't be there."

The curly haired man chuckles a little, but he asks you, "Can you just take me about your day with you? Podcast me."

And you're really not going to argue with him. You chat a little as you put your shopping away, and you do it leisurely because you always find yourself looking back at him.

You both joke a little bit about the shit that you are doing and more boring plans for both of your days, but you're not really surprised that after forty minutes or so Matty's eyes have fallen shut. You only notice after you finish telling him a random story from your childhood, and you see that he's doing the exact same thing as last night.