Brit Awards (9.4)

Make sure you read 9.3 first x

~*~*~*~ 11th February 2023 ~*~*~*~

"Hi." Charli says once she's in front of you both with a microphone in hand.

You and Amelia wear the biggest smiles seeing the singer, she looks absolutely stunning and you know you'll gush about it once the interview is over. The white sheer dress she wears hides nothing and you can only be in absolute awe of her confidence because you would never. A true legend and icon is Miss Charli XCX.

"How are you?" Amelia beats you to ask.

"I'm good. I'm so excited because I'm here to win an EGOT tonight." Charli smiles brightly and you have to bite your tongue not to giggle. She continues with her EGOT talk saying, "I've won none..."

It takes everything in you and your best friend to not burst out laughing when she says that.

"Yet." The three of you say at the same time and smile at each other.

You're quick to put in your two cents about it, "But that's- because there's a conspiracy against you!"

And you're glad Charli agrees with ease, "I'm- There is! That's actually true."

But you wave her off like she has nothing to worry about, "And it's fine because I've brought my sledgehammer because I know you love... blood."

Amelia can't help the cackle she lets out after the second of silence passes after your words, laughter in which Charli joins with the same enthusiasm and you end up giggling like an idiot too. You love the popstar possibly too much, and after spending downtime with her on the boy's UK tour you've never felt so close to her, it is truly no hardship at all to have this interview, after all it's more of a fun conversation.

Once you've gained back your composure, Amelia, looking lovely in her Union Jack dress, is the one to get things back on track, "Do you think an award show is a good place to fall in love?"

"Yes!" Charli doesn't waste a second to answer and there's a hint of a smirk on her face when she looks at your best friend and states, "And actually I think there is a real chance with you and Andrew Garfield."

You hum and nod, completely on Charli's side about it and so the singer adds, "It's real, like I'm just like shipping it."

Before you can audibly agree and tease your best friend for the camera, Amelia looks at it and clarifies with that awkward look on her face she plays off so well, "I just wanna say that Andrew Garfield is not nominated for a Brit Award."

You see members of your crew laughing at that, and it takes everything in you to maintain your little persona.

"Well, you should've brought him as your date." Charli raises her brows as if scolding Amelia for that.

Amelia scrambles for an answer, mouth opening and closing as she struggles to find her words and the only excuse she can eventually find is, "I don't have his number."

The popstar gasps at the information but you're quick to put your best friend on full blast, "We do have his manager's number..."

That earns a scoff from Charli, she rolls her eyes and shakes her head, "Girl, you need to lock. That. Down. Immediately."

"I agree." You nod with a 'told you so' expression on your face that your best friend sighs about.

There isn't another chance to continue teasing your best friend for she resumes the interview, introducing one of the things you'd planned for when it was Charli's turn to show up on the red carpet with you two, "We actually got you a present."