Happy New Year (6.2)

Make sure you read 6.1 first x

~*~*~*~*~*~

Raising his glass a bit, Matty explains, "George saved me a few bottles of red, have a stash in the cupboard."

You smile at him getting his way, "Perks of the party being in your best mates house."

"Gotta have some." He shrugs his shoulders and takes a sip of his red wine and basks in the taste of it.

He lowers his glass back down and puts out his free hand for you to grab, "Shall we go find some people?"

With bubbling excitement in your belly, you nod, "Yeah. Lead the way."

Like upstairs, the rooms are tall, but you guess that makes sense for a house a gentle giant like George Daniel lives in. Everything looks amazing downstairs too, but you think your favourite feature is the large sliding glass doors that lead out to their garden. You can imagine it being stunning on a summer's day.

The room they are in though has been converted to the dancefloor. There's a lot of people dancing in the middle to the DJ, who surprisingly isn't George, but they look like they are having a great time. And there's a lot of people standing with their drinks chatting to other people too, and no doubt more outside.

But both you and Matty spot a familiar face amongst the many you don't recognise. And Matty wonders over to him first with a grin on his face as he holds your hand as you walk over.

"Hey." Matty greets him, a big smile on his face seeing his friend again.

"Hey," Ross smiles, a little shocked, "Where the fuck have you been?" as he hugs Matty back, but his question is answered when he spots you.

"Ah Y/N!" Ross grins brightly and he all but pushes Matty off him so he can hug you. You hug him back, letting Matty go to hug him properly, but the bassist makes you chuckle when he keeps you in his hold as he jokes, "I hope he wasn't as annoying as he was on your chicken shop date."

"Nowhere near as funny Ross," You play along, and you pull out of the hug and smile up at him, "It's why I need my date with you."

"Ah," Ross smirks, gently brushing you off with, "Maybe for the next album."

"I'm going to hold you to that." You grin, pointing at him as you raise your eyebrows so he knows you're serious.

He chuckles a little and Matty finds himself laughing too knowing there's no way it would happen. But he loves that you probably won't quit trying.

Matty takes your hand in his again as he asks his mate, "Did Hann show?" as he's been looking around and can't spot him or Carly anywhere.

"No, he did put in the chat but I assumed you haven't seen it because you didn't call him a pussy." Ross shakes his head, but his amused smile shines though. He then explains,
"He's staying in with Carly and baby, her Mum and Dad are over aren't they, so-"

Matty takes over and sighs a little, "So they have babysitters and could have come."

He really wanted Adam to come so he could introduce you to Carly, and he can't help but be a little gutted because he knows that you'd get along so well with Mrs Holt-Hann.

"You bully that man enough." You shake your head, dismissing Matty's claims, "Give him a night off."

The curly haired man can't help but let his draw drop a little as his eyes widen. Ross is smirking as Matty asks you, "Who's side are you on baby?"

"When it comes to you bullying Adam, whilst it's funny, I'm on his side." You tell the curly haired man and he freins hurt putting his hand over his chest.