Sincerity Is Scary (7.5)

Make sure you read 7.4 first x

~*~*~*~*~*~

Matty allows himself to sleep in the next morning, knowing he doesn't have anywhere to attend to until past noon so he can spend the whole morning clutching you and getting the sleep you two so desperately need.

But that backfires when you're both woken up to Matty's phone going off incessantly and when he groggily answers, he curses under his breath and apologises quickly, promising he'll be there as soon as he can and when you reach out for your phone, you see the time and it all makes sense.

It's only about an hour and a half until soundcheck and you are still in bed.

Despite his freshly made promise, Matty doesn't make the effort to actually get out of bed, instead he lets his phone drop on his night table and scoots closer to you, nuzzling his face in the back of your neck and kissing every inch of your skin there.

"Baby, we need to go." You remind him as you struggle to turn around in his hold.

Matty groans into your neck, like he's refusing to listen to you but you tangle your fingers into his curls and pull on his hair so he can see you but the reiteration of your words die in your throat when he lets out a low moan at your action.

Your jaw falls a bit at the sound and he giggles in response, dipping his head to kiss you feverishly, moaning again when you let your lips part and your tongues meet.

Before it can go further, because you can feel his hands starting to roam, you take the role of being the responsible one and break the kiss, standing up from bed and forcing him to follow suit.

The wave of incoming messages that flood Matty's phone the more minutes go by are what rush you two getting ready for the day and after a bit over an hour and a half, because Matty forced you to have breakfast calmly with him, you're standing right in the middle of the barricade, watching your favourite band - or better said, your boyfriend's band - soundchecking for a second sold out show at the O2.

It's mesmerising seeing them work their magic on stage even if it's just a soundcheck. Them playing around and laughing aloud but also being meticulous of every little detail sounding just how they want it to, has you leaning into the barrier with your forearms and stare at them all with an incredible sense of pride.

And, of course, you're stuck staring at every move Matty makes. From the way his fingers run up and down the neck of his guitar, to the way he nods slowly as he hears the bass and the guitar in his in-ears, how he mumbles to himself as they go along and the winks he gives you whenever he turns to look at you.

Matty is also making sure to explain at the best of his ability just how he wants the interludes to go today, because he wants a different thing to happen at this show and you're fully invested in every direction he gives everyone and how he's laying it all to be. You can't wait to see it on the actual show.

You had thought it was impossible, but you find yourself growing more and more entranced by him as the day goes by and in the greenroom, where you all are now after soundcheck had finished, you realise how most of the time you're stuck mindlessly glancing at him as he engages in conversation with the lads.

That's until your phone vibrates with a message. One from Amelia that says, On my way to the arena! Can't wait to see you! xx that somehow gets you nervous.

It's not that you feel like she's going to take this in a negative way but you fear that she sees something you can't and it once again pops the bubble you are in.

So you're shifting in your seat and fiddling with your fingers the whole time after that text. Matty notices and he rests his hand on your knee, tracing circles on your skin and he leans in to whisper, "Are you okay?"