Chapter 21

▍japan, ua high𝐎 𝐒 𝐇 𝐔 𝐍𝐢

▍japan, ua high
𝐎 𝐒 𝐇 𝐔 𝐍
𝐢. 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐲𝐚
21. ➩ ↬

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

second person

𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 it was time for your team to go up. You, Bakugo and Izuku are the last team to take the practical exam. And to make matters worse, you're up against All Might, so all of your classmates will be watching. Fantastic. You're going to die with a live audience.

The three of you walked down the empty road. Your battle was in a big city. A fake city to be specific, one that was built for training like this. Which goes to show how big UA's budget is.

"Kacchan, for this exam, the teacher is the villain, and we're the heroes, so we need to keep in mind the villain's combat ability and choose to either fight or run, but in our case, the villain is All Might, and fighting against him is dangerous. I think it's a really bad idea, anyway-" Bakugo walked ahead to ignore him, but Izuku only followed him. "Wait, Kacchan!"

"Stop following me!" Bakugo shouted irritatedly, annoyed by his persistence.

"If we keep going straight, All Might will probably be waiting for us." Izuku told him, he was trying to form a plan. "We should take a detour-"

"Why should we run away? It'd definitely be better if we beat him up!"

"We should avoid combat if we can no matter what!"

"We'll toy with him until it's almost over, and then once he's tired out, I'll beat him up!" Bakugo stubbornly said as he walked ahead, unknowing how wrong he was.

Izuku paused to stare Bakugo before he sighed and caught back up. All he wanted was to at least be on the same page about this fight, and Bakugo is being really difficult. "Who do you think All Might is? Even with the handicap, you can't win against him!"

Irritation build up in Bakugo, he felt as if Izuku was calling him weak. So, he backhand slapped him. "Don't say another word... Just because things are going better for you, doesn't mean you should talk. It's pissing me off."

There was a pause, Izuku touched his cheek and flashes of the past bullying flooded his mind. He swallowed thickly and tried to slow his heart back down.

𝑇𝒽𝑖𝑠 𝑖𝑠𝑛'𝑡 𝑚𝑖𝑑𝑑𝑙𝑒 𝑠𝑐𝒽𝑜𝑜𝑙, he reminded himself and caught up to Bakugo once again. "I'm saying this so we can pass the test! Listen, Kacchan-"

Bakugo angrily interrupted him with the loud voice of his yelling. "I told you, your power isn't needed to pass-"

"Stop yelling!" Izuku ended up cutting him off as well by shouting at him back. "This is why we can never have a real conversation!"