The noble original

𝐹𝓇𝒾𝒹𝒶𝓎

The strange man I met in the alleyway is currently talking to another weird man.

Truth be told I owe the strange man, since I accidentally punched him I have to make it up to him.

Of course that's not the only reason I am following him, he radiates a sense of a predator, just like my twin.

Yet he is very different, maybe that's why I want to make it up to him, that's why I am drawn to him. I seek his attention, just like I always seek my sister.

They both look uncomfortable and the other man stood up and came up to me "hey, what's your name?" He asked with a charming smile "I don't buy it" he looked confused and lost his smile.

"What?" He looked more then weirded out by me "I said, I don't buy it" I frown "for a vampire with supernatural hearing, you are really deaf"

That sentence seemed to wipe his fake ass smile from his face, he then grabbed me and vamp-speed out of the bar, we ended up in an alley probably behind that bar "you couldn't find a better place?" I wrinkled my nose at his place of choice. A cemetery would be better.

His grip on my shoulders tightened into a painful and uncomfortable feeling, he won't get a response from me, I had been tortured worse ways.

"Who are you and how do you know about vampires?" His pupils moved as if trying to figure something out, how touching.... but whatever psychological torture method this is, it's lame.

"You lack creativity with your torture techniques, did you just start like a week ago?" I titled my head, his eyes widened as he proceeded what I said.

He stepped back and let go of my shoulders.
"finally" I say to myself. He had creepy odour that I don't want on my skin, or anywhere near me.

"How did this not work?" He mumbles to himself, but I heard him "guess I not only smell better, but I also hear better then you" I put my hands behind my back and lean forward slightly "are you embarrassed?"

He should be, he is a vampire and he didn't hear me when I was mumbling yet I hear him perfectly when he does it, what a sad excuse of a perfectly made creature.

"Is there a problem here ?" Asked a good looking man in a blue suit. Wow. I really wanna see how he would look in black with blood all over him, he would definitely make the dead sing.

"This has nothing to do with you, Elijah" the odour guy answered the posh guy.

"I like the name, it suits you" I keep my eyes on this 'Elijah' and see him scan me from my feet to my head.

He ignored my compliment, very rude and instead turned his head to the odour guy.
"I believe it does, you see Marcel..." he stepped forward and lifted his sleeves to his forearms.
"This women here is under my families protection"
Now he was almost chest to chest with the odour guy.

'Who the hell are the Mikealsons?'

"I gave my word, that this lady is to be safely escorted to her home" he narrowed his eyes and it looked like his irises flashed red. "I am sure you don't want to make me break my word" his voice carried the last words like a siren's call. His deep voice sent shivers down my spine, not the ones I am used to.

It definitely had some meaning, because Marcel just briefly glanced at me and sped away. No time to dwell on it.

I turned to Elijah and kept my face natural despite my eyes wanting to dart at his hands that ware now crossed over his chest.

"Who are you?" I ask him and he like the gentleman he is, extended his hand for me to shake.
"I am Elijah" he answered, so I accepted his hand do handshake but instead he brought it up to his lips and kissed the top of my hand.

"Is this some kind of new form of greeting?" I ask since nobody ever did anything like this, they mostly run away screaming torture at everyone that will listen.

He looked slightly confused but smiled nonetheless.
"Miss Friday, I was sent here by a pregnant woman you helped not too long ago. She told me to check on you, I do believe you know her" he smirked at me with a knowing look.

My eyes brightened up, well as much as a dead woman's eyes can. I titled my head to the side. "Are you going to take me to see her?" I ask him, my tone of voice sounded excited, yet I kept my blank look on my face. Truth be told, I am very happy to see the mama in making.

Elijah chuckled and offered me his hand.
"Since time is of essence, i speed us to our house"

'Did he just lie to the Marcel guy? Deceiving, I like it!'

I put my hand in his, then all I see is blurred surroundings. We stop at a house in the middle of nowhere, I noticed that Elijah is still holding my hand. I open my mouth to tell him when the front door is thrown open by the very woman who I swore to protect.

"Friday!" She runs to me and gives me a hug. I let go of Elijahs hand and return it. Out of the corner of my eye, i swear on my dead relatives, I saw Elijah frown, but when I turned my head he was smiling.

'Huh, must be my imagination'

"I am so glad you came, I was worried about you" said Hayley with a frown.
"Why ware you worried about me?" I ask confused, Elijah coughed and we turned to him.

"We should continue our conversation inside, don't you agree?" He smiled and outstretched his hand.

"After you" he generally put his hand on my back and guided us inside.

Hayley gave him a brief look, one that I didn't understand and kept walking.

'What is going on?'

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

Words: 1038

Published: 21.8.2023

Edited: -
_____________________________________

Who would you save from death in this universe?

_____________________________________