The Night The Moon Arrived

(Originally Made 10th September 2022)

Sea Fairy Cookie always stares at the moon when it shines above her head. She looks up at it. Nobody knows why, but everyone seems curious.

The tide carefully stroked the bay, snatching sand away. The creatures that would usually roam freely, were now humbled. Everything under water seemed to freeze. No seaweed danced, no coral shone in the sun, no stones scraped against each other. It seemed still.

However, there was one thing still awake. Still in motion. A cookie. Her hair was a glistening blue that carefully flowed into the water. She wore a light blue dress. She gazed at the dark skies. The sun had set so many hours ago. Now, what the sun occupied, was covered with shimmering stars with a crème moon. The crescent moon seemed to spin around the sky.

The blue cookie stood in the night with the careful noise of a waterfall sleepily falling. It pierced the silent night with the contrast.

Along the moon, there was a cookie. She had beautiful, wavy dark purple hair that seemed to fill the night sky. She leaned against the moon and fiddled with the glowing stars. She wore a calm smile as the night passed.

Those two cookies were very different. Two different terrains, two different cookies. But both extremely lonely. The Sea Cookie wished for a lover or something that wasn't the feeling of silence. The Moon Cookie wished for something that wasn't the dead of night.

So they waited. Each stroke of the waves stroking the rock and each twinkle of each individual star. They both waited. In the silence and in the night.

Many nights and many tides passed, but they were both waiting still. The Sea Cookie still stared at the moon and the Moon Cookie still fiddled with the same stars.

The Moon Cookie grew more desperate through each night. What if she never found someone? Despite her rules of staying in place high in the sky, she descended down below. Down to the sacred Soda Oceans.

The Sea Cookie stood in shock. The Moon was falling. And it was falling down into the oceans. At a very fast speed. As it came closer to the waters, it froze right above the waters. And on the Moon, she saw someone. A cookie.

Without a single thought, The Sea Cookie rushed over, the water swiftly waving through her dress. She was only a few inches away when she realised who the cookie was.

A cookie, a cookie with glistening,dark hair that shimmered. She sat silently on the moon which loomed just above the water. The Sea Cookie decided to approach cookie calmly.

The Moon Cookie didn't notice the other cookie behind her when they uttered:

"𝐴𝑟𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑛𝑒𝑤 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑠𝑒 𝑙𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑠?"

The Moon Cookie swiftly turned. And there stood a shimmering cookie. Almost as shiny as her. She was a lovely blue and she had beautiful white accents.

"𝑌𝑒𝑠."

The Moon Cookie spoke. The other cookie came closer to her until she was staring at her.

"𝑌𝑜𝑢..."

She begun.

"𝐴𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑚𝑎𝑧𝑖𝑛𝑔."

The world stopped and hung onto those words. The Moon Cookie smiled a magnificent smile which made the Sea Cookie flush. The Moon Cookie leaned near to the others face.

"𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢!"

The Moon Cookie whispered happily. The Sea Cookie's heart skipped a beat as she heard her beautiful voice. The Moon Cookie held the Sea Cookie in her palm. The Sea Cookie gracefully placed her hand over the others, wanting to keep it in its place.

"𝐻𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑑𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑡𝑜 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔?"

The Sea Cookie asked.

"𝐼𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑚𝑦 𝑡𝑟𝑢𝑒 𝑠𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑚𝑎𝑡𝑒, 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛 𝐼 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑙𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐼 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑠𝑐𝑎𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑑 𝑓𝑜𝑟."

The Moon Cookie replied.

"𝐼 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡𝑜𝑜."

The Sea Cookie smiled, stroking the others hand.

Each new night they met, each day they grew more fond of each other. Their company was comforting for each other. They hoped, they wished, that they have found their true soulmate. That this is the blessing they have been praying for each day.

It was regular for The Moon Cookie to ignore her duties of the sky and to meet with the Sea Cookie each day she could.

However, this would be ending soon.

"𝐻𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢, 𝑀𝑜𝑜𝑛light 𝐶𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑖𝑒, 𝑎𝑏𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑑𝑢𝑡𝑖𝑒𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑘𝑦 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑆𝑒𝑎 𝐺𝑢𝑎𝑟𝑑𝑖𝑎𝑛; 𝑆𝑒𝑎 𝐹𝑎𝑖𝑟𝑦 𝐶𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑖𝑒?"

The Gods boomed. The Moon Cookie stared at the ground; defeated.

"𝐼 𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑠𝑡 𝐼 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑛𝑜𝑡."

She spat. The star spirits around whispered cruel messages of hate and dishonesty. The Gods silenced them.

"𝐷𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑙𝑖𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝐺𝑜𝑑'𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝐸𝑎𝑟𝑡ℎ𝐵𝑟𝑒𝑑? 𝐷𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑡𝑟𝑦 𝑡𝑜 𝑑𝑒𝑛𝑦 𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑎𝑐𝑐𝑢𝑠𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠?"

The Moon Cookie stayed silent.

"𝑌𝑜𝑢 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑓𝑖𝑏𝑠, 𝑀𝑜𝑜𝑛𝑙𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝐶𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑖𝑒."

The Moon Cookie's head bolted up. She knew the outcome with those words she knew that she would not like her consequences.

"𝐹𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠ℎ𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑜𝑛𝑙𝑦 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑦 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑘𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑡𝑦 𝑏𝑢𝑡,"

The Moon Cookie stopped and stared, panicked as the Gods presents a ball that showed the Sea Cookie.

The Sea Cookie stood in their usual place, she stared at the sky patiently waiting. The Moon Cookies eyes were blessed then cursed.

Before her eyes, she carefully watched the Sea Cookie realise that she was being turned into solid stone. The Moon Cookie screamed and begged for forgiveness, for mercy. She tightly shut her eyes, wishing she never got caught.

When she opened her eyes, she saw it.

The Sea Cookie had been turned into solid stone, reaching for the moon. As if pleading for help. The Moon Cookie sighed.

She sobbed. She sobbed so hard, that the stars began to fall. She sobbed so hard, the planets began to shake. She sobbed so hard, that the days began to speed.

The tides thrashed and punched. They cried and sobbed, no longer being controlled anymore.

Sea Fairy Cookie woke up from her slumber. She looked at the oceans, which had been tamed by her presence. It was the dead of night. She looked at the bright sky.

And she saw the moon.

The moon that stayed there. The only movements were the slow motions of rising.

Sea Fairy rushed to Moonshine's usual spot.

When she arrived, there was nothing.

Just the essence of what was there.

🌊🤍🌙