Just Ask Him, I Bet He Forgives You!! (Remake)

(Originally Made 11th October 2023)

From the second Madeleine and Latte made a mutual agreement to begin 'dating', time had seemed to freeze for Madeleine. The passing month felt like the same day and days felt only like hours. His mind was still wrapping itself around that midnight where Madeleine and Latte agreed to be together for Espresso's attention, giving Madeleine a sliver of hope that Espresso might just like him.

But ever since the two cookies have been flaunting and boasting about their relationship and love, Espresso has shown no interest in their life. He almost looked painful while he watched it with an unsatisfied cringe on his face. And then his work hours would grow much longer, only ever coming out for toilet breaks and a few ingredients before hiding away again in the extravagant room that is his laboratory.

And honestly, Madeleine hated it. Every time he saw Espresso, or even made eye contact with him, Espresso would rush quicker than lightning back into the safety of his laboratory as he slammed the heavy, wooden door until the only thing left outside was the echo of the door's slam ringing tunefully through Madeleine's ears in a glass shattering hum, leaving Madeleine utterly confused on what he did wrong.

Madeleine expected Espresso to be annoyed at his and Latte's lovey-dovey behaviour around him, but he didn't expect Espresso to just flat out ignore the two. And though both of them had noticed for a while, it was definitely affecting one more than the other.

Look, he absolutely loved Latte from the bottom of his heart (in the most platonic way he could), but the way she was so apathetic of his helpless pining was actually beginning to hurt. Physically and mentally. Last week, she began dragging him by the leg out of his front door while he scrambles to get up just because he didn't answer her calls. He didn't even know she had that much muscle! And to be honest, he didn't know Latte was so persistent until now.

But then, he didn't also know that Latte would be his best friend. They didn't really talk enough before to even be considered friends, but ever since they began their 'relationship' they've been connected by the hip. At first, they only hung out for the purpose of their fake dating relationship, but then a week later, they're just hanging out because they just like each other's company.

However, recently Madeleine hasn't been in the mood to hangout with Latte. In fact, he hasn't been in the mood to hangout with anyone or do anything. Doing anything with the thought that his one true love was mad at him was like ignoring the fact that something so valuable was being destroyed.

He acknowledged that he was sulking, terribly so. But when your hypothetical husband doesn't talk to you for god knows how long, wouldn't you end up in the same exact place?

God, he was pathetic, being so miserable just because he hadn't seen his crush in a few weeks. But truth be told, Espresso was the only thing that kept Madeleine sane, composed. And he felt himself growing crazier each day he didn't see Espresso's dark waves of hair and highlighted skin in the morning sun and how his face would adorably scrunch up when his glasses were falling up his face and how he wanted to organise his tangled hair like the contents of a library-

A piercing ring echoed throughout his living room as he jumped from where he laid on the couch, his lovesick thoughts being broken into two as he picked up his phone. As he opened his phone, he flinched from the brightness as the phone presented him with a picture of Latte Cookie, flashing white on the screen. He took an embarrassingly long time to hit the green button on his screen.

"Hello?" he whispered groggily into the speaker, he could hear Latte audibly grimace across the phone.

"Madeleine, one of the strongest knights of the Republic?" Latte scorned as her pure white nails lightly tapped the plastic of her phone case, echoing into the speaker, "Is that you? Or has someone kidnapped you and is forcing you to speak to me?"