Just Ask Him, He Soooo Likes You!(Remake)

(Originally made 3rd July 2023)

Latte wasn't dumb. In fact, she would argue she was the exact opposite. But apparently in the eyes of her best friend, Espresso Cookie, she must be the dumbest person alive as he continued to refuse that he is pining for the one and only lavish and rich man; Madeleine Cookie.

He must've thought that she's dumb enough to not notice the longing looks from across the room, the yearning sighs Espresso let's out, the loving paragraphs he tells her. To be honest, she's been very good at tuning them all out until now.

But today, today is her last straw. As she watched Espresso reluctantly talk to Madeleine, an obviously fake sneer planted on his face as Madeleine was all over him like some sort of puppy. Their two auras were complete opposites yet they fit together like destined puzzle pieces. But too bad they're too blind to see their feelings that they enjoy hiding so much.

That's why Latte has to be their glasses. The glasses of truth.

Espresso knew when something was wrong, and from the second he saw that vanilla-haired, blue eyed, sword wielding, cape-swinging man from across the room of his office, he knew he would be the worst mistake Espresso will ever make.

Did he care? Yes.

...No.

Look, if it's just one time that your eyes float to him like metals to magnets, that's a coincidence. If it's a second time that you're lying in bed (fully dressed and sleep deprived) and imagine those stupid muscles snuggling you into a deep slumber, it's an accident. If it's three times you're imagining the feel of his lips on yours... maybe you are torturing yourself with this guy on purpose.

But no matter, Espresso thought as he walked through the halls of his office building, as long as he doesn't see him or make any eye contact with him, there will be a 99.9% he will not think of Madeleine Cookie.

As he opened the hard wooden door of his office, his mind immediately disregarded the previous comment.

There, in his office, a curious Madeleine Cookie carefully poked at some beakers full of scorching hot coffee. He inspected them heavily as he brought the beaker up to his nose and took an experimental sniff of the thick liquid. Espresso snapped out of his gaze as he angrily pulled the other away from his desk full of coffee.

"What in the name of Earthbread are you doing?!" Espresso asked, anger filling his voice. He snatched away the beaker from the other's hand who greeted him with an apologetic but joyful smile.

"Espresso Cookie!" He barked gleefully like a foolish puppy. Espresso couldn't help but roll his eyes at Madeleine's adorable personality.

Espresso pulled his body away from the other, trying his best to seem cold even though the other felt so warm. Like a comforting fireplace on a frosty winter's night. Espresso inspected the beaker, trying to preserve the contents inside. He sighed as he realised everything was the same.

"Coffee..." Madeleine stated as he looked over Espresso's shoulder. He jumped in surprise, "Interesting."

Espresso rolled his eyes at Madeleine's lack of words. He carefully placed the beaker at its rightful place as he tried to ignore Madeleine's hypnotising aura of sugar.

"Never knew." Espresso responded sarcastically, "That's why I've dedicated my whole life studying it." He flung open his drawer as he navigated his overflowing notebook.

"Wow, that's so smart of you!" Madeleine gushed lovingly. Espresso flushed maroon at the sudden praise from his hated crush, "And look at your notebook! It's practically overflowing, rich with knowledge and-"