Main hoon tera, aur tu hai meri Yun hi rahein hum, yeh chahat bhi hai...

(Batuk's redemption story is going to take a while. So I posted this one earlier. Enjoy and please do leave some comments, whether you liked the story or not. Pretty please, it takes just a few seconds to write down a comment, and moreover I would love to see the comments and it will motivate me a lot to write. 🥺)

18th April, 1930

Abhay Singh Chauhan from Baikunthapur entered the prestigious Roy Chowdhury Haveli of Tulsipur. He was going to get married to his childhood sweetheart Radha in September and he had come here to invite the famous Roy Chowdhurys. He was a childhood friend of Anirudh, the eldest son of Binoy Roy Chowdhury. Though he was not as close to Anirudh as Salim or Saurabh, two of Anirudh's best friends, though he was a good friend. He knew Anirudh was a fitoori, ek baar than liya toh woh chiz kare bagair Anirudh rukega nahi. The latest fitoor of Anirudh has startled Abhay also. Anirudh was sending his wife to London, to become a Barrister Babu like him! Bondita, Anirudh's wife was the first female of Tulsipur who had entered the school and had proper education. She was a great student too. It was such a big work that Anirudh had done! Abhay was so proud.

"Hum phirse keh rahe hai Anirudh! Tum jo bhi kar rahe ho, sahi nahi hai!" Trilochan Roy Chowdhury was fed up with his eldest nephew. Anirudh huffed and was walking away from his Kaka.

"Muh pher lene se kuch haasil nahi hoga! Tum pyaar karte ho Bahu se! Humari budhi nazar dhokha nahi khaati! Hum abhi bhi kahenge ke Bahu ko bhejne ka tumhara faisla galat hai, galat hai, galat hai!" Trilochan screamed as Anirudh walked towards his study. Both of them did not notice Abhay entering the Haveli.

"Aapka aur Anirudh ka rishta kabhi nahi badal sakta hai na, Kaka?" Abhay said as he bowed down for Trilochan's blessings.

"Are Abhay beta, kitne dino baad aaye tum! Kaise ho?" Trilochan smiled as he hugged Abhay.

"Tum hi samjhayo beta! Meri baat toh sunta hi nahi tumhara dost!" Trilochan sighed. Anirudh loved his wife, he has every right to start his family, aur ab toh Bahu sharirik taur se bari bhi ho gayi hai! But Anirudh was always against this! For him, Bondita was still a child whose body can not bear the pain of childbirth. Moreover her mind is still not ready for the procedure! She is just 16! And according to Anirudh, 16 is not the age for a healthy childbirth!

" Kya matlab hai is ladke ka? Matlab Bahu videsh jaane jitni bari ho gayi hai, par baccha paidaa karne jitni nahi? Humari maa ne bhi toh humhe paidaa kiya tha na jab woh khud 14 saal ki thi!" Trilochan shouted while Abhay held his hands on his ears! Abhay also thought Bondita was still not prepared. Yes, maybe she had her menstrual cycles but that is not enough. Par ab Kaka ko kaun samjhaye?

"Main kya kahu Kaka? Yeh uski zindagi hai, aur Biwi bhi toh usiki hai! Woh apni zindagi me kya karega yeh hum kaise...." Abhay tried to speak in defence of Anirudh but Trilochan interrupted.

"Toh kya kudne de use khai me? Jab hum dekh rahe hai uski zindagi, uska adhikar use pukaar raha hai, toh woh parivaarik jeevan shuru karne ke bareme sochta kyun nahi? Gadha! Ekdom Gadha! Kicchu hobe na or dara! ( Donkey! Absolute Donkey! He is good for nothing!) " Trilochan was so angry at Anirudh. He stomped towards his room and closed the door with a lond bang! So loud that even Abhay flinched!

"Har baar ka yehi natak hai!" Abhay shook his head while he walked towards Anirudh's study to talk and to give him the card of his wedding. He knocked at the door. No answer. He knocked once more. Again no answer. He knocked again. No answer. He tried once more.