new people

first person pov

dad and mom pulled us in to the tent separately. dad and mom tried to explain to me in a calm way that we were leaving. after they finished their speech on how this is the only way and they were doing it to keep us safe i spoke "so that's it, we just pack up and go as soon as possible. i'm not going." i kept my words plain and simple. mom spoke to me in navi because she new it would calm me talking in our native tongue " daughter you are a strong fighter you show no fear,show interest in many things, ride ikran like a warrior, i don't want to either but we must. it is to keep the people safe." my vision went blurry,my throat had a lump in it, i collapsed into my mom and dads arms.
"mom dad i don't want to, i'm so scared" i spoke in na'vi

i went to pack my belongings, kiri was just as sad as i was. we both had a deep connection to the forest. "i see you" kiri said to me "i see you" i replied "i don't want to leave" kiri said " i don't either but there is not another option" kiri looked at me with tears in her eyes. i motioned for her to follow me and she did. we walked to the ikran. " kiri, will you fly with me." kiri nodded. she and i mounted and flew off into the night. the freckles on our bodies were bright and the stars were more beautiful then ever. our ikrans spots were also bright. laughing doing flips in the air just like when we were little kids. like dancing in the night sky. our animals as an extension of ourselves.

we bid our farewells to grandmother before the ceremony a new leader. he cut my fathers chest and kiri and i wept alongside our mother. i gripped my song chord around my neck. stones were in my heart. my father placed a hand on my back and then held my hand the rest of the walk to our ikran. full of things we were taking to the reef clan. i made the bond with nara and we took flight.

we all looked back at the forest. seeing our home. one last time. we could never go back. my hair flew behind me and nara was confused why we were leaving home. my heart was very heavy. dad was leading us to the reef clans. big blue ocean for days and days. thunderstorms tuk was constantly asking if we were there yet. neteyam and i sung our song chords to each other. kiri and i shared our favorite times together. lo'ak and i talked about how we went hunting together. and tuk talked about how she loved when we could be up in the trees together,singing looking at stars. mom and i talked about when we would pray to eywa together. dad and i talked about how much we would miss the forest. " that's it" i said as we neared the metkayina  village.

horns sounded, na'vi yelled about our arrival

horns sounded, na'vi yelled about our arrival. we all circled the village on the ikran and then we finally landed in sand.