(\/) Battle Café (\/)

It was the next day so you and Talonflame were already awake whilst the rest of your Pokémon slept inside the house.

Talonflame was perched on your arm while you grabbed things like water, your keys and a few other things.

Talonflame bent down and grabbed you your wallet using his beak which you grabbed happily,

You opened the door and walked out, your Pokémon were still asleep and you didn't want to disturb them or anything.

Since it was quite early in the morning Galar's streets weren't as crowded which meant you could see Leon a mile away, him and his Dragapult were standing on a sidewalk.

"Hello Leon!" You exclaimed

"Y/n! You're here!" Leon said

Dragapult hissed happily before Talonflame hopped off your shoulder and landed on Dragapult's head, he didn't seem to mind the extra weight.

Talonflame cawed happily.

"You did good on the battle with Lance, considering that it is Lance!" You smiled

"Yeah! I can't wait too see your first battle in the Motostoke gym!" Leon replied

Ah, you forgot about the whole gym battling thing. You knew you'd be getting a bunch of challengers pretty soon since you were new and Galar had pretty strong trainers.

Leon began to walk to the other side of the street.

You were in Motostoke, pretty convenient that you lived there since you now ran the gym in Motostoke which was quite the win.

Dragapult flew alongside Leon with ease whilst Talonflame adjusted his claws on Dragapult's head, a few Dreepy roared happily.

Wyndon wasn't far from Motostoke meaning you and your friend had got there quickly, apparently there was some restaurant in Wyndon.

It was a battle café, you only knew about three in Galar which would be the one in Motostoke, Hammerlocke and Wyndon.

The one in Wyndon was what you enjoyed better, more vintage rather than futuristic and filled with Pokémon workers.

Leon opened the door for you before sitting down, Talonflame landed on top of the table whilst Dragapult hovered beside it.

"I haven't been here in so long." You pointed out

"Me neither! I'm usually eating at that one Hulbury Seafood Restaurant because Nessa forces me to eat there with her every other week." Leon shrugged

"Sounds like a torture method." You replied

"I'm starting to think it is." Leon agreed

You laughed after ordering a Lumoise Galette and a Berry Juice, Leon had got a Malasada for both him and Dragapult to share along with Moomoo Milk.

You got a Lava Cookie for Talonflame since he enjoyed eating those.

The food came quickly, Leon began talking about being Champion and how tiring it was to be working so close to Rose. He was on quite the tight schedule.

"It's exhausting, and I feel like he's hiding something from me because of the amounts of times he's tested me on Galar's history." Leon shared

"If it's Chairman Rose than there's always something more to it, probably hiding a whole new Pokémon in there." You theorized

"True, Oleana is probably doing that too. She's real annoying during her lectures about Rose's dreams, her dream to make sure he achieves his, dynamax and Gigantamax along with not entering certain doors." Leon said

"I can only imagine, she was constantly pestering Houndoom to do certain things. She was also telling Volcarona and Talonflame to never fly off. Typhlosion was always being bothered by her Milotic too." You sighed

Talonflame cawed in offence.

"I'm talking about Oleana! Not you!" You reassured

Talonflame eyed you with an offended look, he did that every now and then.

"She did that with Aegislash, and Aegislash wasn't too happy afterwards." Leon laughed

You finished your food quickly and Talonflame finished his cookie quickly too, Dragapult seemed to be cleaning the plate of any leftovers that Leon had left for him which was quite a lot.

Talonflame flew over and landed on your head, it hurt a little but you didn't react. Talon was in his name after all.

Dragapult roared whilst Leon paid, you walked outside with him quickly after since a few people began to notice and look over. Galar's champion and the new Motostoke gym leader eating together was something that most would gawk over until they figured it out.

"Oh! I need to head over to Rose Tower to help Chairman Rose with something! Say bye Dragapult!" Leon informed

Dragapult hissed sadly before roaring at Talonflame who cawed back, Dragapult then made his way back to Leon who was already crossing the street.

"See you!" Leon shouted

You waved before Talonflame began to fly to Motostoke.

"Hey! I can't fly, wait up!" You laughed

"Flame!" Talonflame called back

You began running to catch up with the Fire Type Pokémon in the sky, he knew Galar like the back of his claws. Every cave, street, area and city.

He practically laid out a map of Galar in his head and remembered it which was impressive, most of your Pokémon counted on him to make sure they didn't get lost or they could find their way back if they did ever get lost.

Somehow Talonflame managed to remember the Wild Area too and make sure that he remembers where the slumbering Weald starts and where it ends although he didn't memorize what was in it, he's probably never been.

No one in the Slumbering Weald remembers what happened in between visits, most of the time they'll say there's a thick fog and then they see black and wake up right after.

The Slumbering Weald was a mystery, along with what happened when the Darkest Day had came way back when. People were still unsure about Galar's history too which was why when you were in school history was an easy subject, there wasn't much about Galar's history that teachers had access too.

Most of the time it was about the history of building the stadium or the history of Gym Leaders and Gym battles along with Pokémon.

You were pretty excited to be someone and something taught to students as material, Gym leaders was a large unit and you were going to be added into it. Opal's successor would be too.

Opal was a great and kind person along with her Pokémon, although she could be mysterious and vague when she wanted to be.