(\/) The First Challenge (\/)

It was the next day and you were preparing with your Pokémon for the first Gym Battle you'd experience as the Gym Leader, against a kid named Kalei.

Apparently his team consisted of mainly Bug Types but you heard he caught a few Water Types and trained them to be able to defeat you.

You'd probably send out Typhlosion first, Talonflame second, Volcarona third and then Houndoom at the end. Most likely Mega Evolve him too.

It could catch him off guard, since Houndoom was known as your Star Pokémon.

Many people were watching in the crowd, you knew that most likely Chairman Rose was there to watch you battle too. He was always in the crowd for new people.

Kalei entered the arena and so did you, Kalei waved to the crowd but you could care less about that. Kalei looked strong but was he strong?

"Morning Kalei! Come to challenge me already?" You asked

"Yeah! And I'm gonna win!" He answered

Cocky. That could be his downfall.

"Well then, let's get on with this battle." You smiled

"Bring out your Pokémon!" The announcer called

He brought out a Vaporeon, seemed pretty confident too.

"Let's go Typhlosion!" You exclaimed

"Typhlo!" Typhlosion called

"Use Water Pulse on Typhlosion!" Kalei ordered

Vaporeon did as asked but Typhlosion came out unscarred, training against Water Types was something you did before you were a Gym Leader.

"What?!" Kalei said

"Our turn! Start off with Eruption!" You shouted

Typhlosion jumped up to send out the move and it covered the battle field although the protective barrier between the stands and the field had protected the crowd.

Vaporeon withstood the attack and then looked back to her trainer who was stressed out already, your battle tactic was to make sure the trainer would doubt their choices and it was working already.

"Okay Vaporeon! Use Hydro Pump and then a series of Tackle!" Kalei yelled

Typhlosion seemed to have gotten a bunch of damage done, most likely because of the multiple tackles. Hydro pump didn't do much.

He must've trained a bunch with Tackle.

"Okay Typhlosion! Use Smokescreen and then use Gyro Ball!" You called

Typhlosion used the two moves and Vaporeon got more anxious when Typhlosion was unable to be seen, a Gyro Ball was sent to Vaporeon's back and you could tell she was low.

"Use Water Pulse in a circle!" Kalei strategized

Typhlosion was knocked out, you knew you should've used Gyro Ball at the start to get Vaporeon lower.

"Good job, but how would Vaporeon do now? Go Talonflame!" You said

You sent out Talonflame.

"Flame!" Talonflame cawed

"Use Brave Bird!" You exclaimed

Talonflame used the move and Vaporeon quickly fainted, Kalei would be learning to not use Water Types against you.

"Crawdaunt! Come out!" Kalei smiled

His Crawdaunt clamped down its claws and looked at his opponent.

"Use Clawhammer!" Kalei ordered