(\/) The News (\/)

(\/) Ash & Goh Point Of View (\/)

"How was it?" Professor Cerise asked

"Awesome! They're a really strong trainer, they defeated a Gigantamax Drednaw with just a Mega Evolved Houndoom!" Ash answered

"Seems like Kabu's successor is living up to the name." Chrysa smiled

"Really well too, it's all over Galar's news about the recent battle!" Ren shared

"Let me guess, Ash wants to battle them." Goh sighed

"Who wouldn't? I want to earn their gym badge in Motostoke! Apparently they're really close to Leon too!" Ash exclaimed

"Really? You've gotten lucky then, since Goh doesn't have school we're going to send you guys back to Galar to investigate the wild area again!" Professor Cerise laughed

"Cool! What's our task?" Ash asked

"You two need to collect some data about what kind of Pokémon reside there in the wild area, there are still a lot of Pokémon that manage to hide from researchers!" Professor Cerise said

Pokémon in the wild area were pretty sneaky and since it was such a big area it was obviously a place for Pokémon to hide from researchers, especially Pokémon in what Galarian people called "The Slumbering Weald" which was a mysterious place located near the wild area.

(\/) Your Point Of View (\/)

News channels seemed to be quite excited about you and your team due to how well you took down a water type Pokémon that was trained well and was Gigantamaxed. 

They seemed to enjoy you for the most part, Leon had called you to talk about how well you did and how the way you battled was unique.

Kabu called to congratulate you.

Volcarona, Typhlosion and Talonflame also seemed to be a big hit with a few Galarian's. Even a few kids that were interviewed a little at the end.

"You all did amazing! Which is why we're going to stay inside and not do anything too big, you all should deserve to rest!" You smiled

"Typhlo!" Typhlosion said

He laid down next to you on the couch whilst Volcarona sat on the end, Houndoom laid down with his paws on your legs whilst Talonflame was perched on the armrest.

You noticed that the media had found out you and Leon were good friends meaning most people wanted to speak to you about yourself and to gather intel on what Leon has been doing recently besides battling.

Talonflame cawed happily whilst watching the tv, something about the weather along with your recent battle and Leon's victory against Lance.

You heard your Rotom Phone begin to vibrate so you grabbed it and noticed it was a call from Leon? What could he be calling about now?

You picked up the phone and Houndoom put his head down.

"Hey Leon! What's up?" You asked

"Was just wondering about something, you wanna go to the wild area tomorrow with me and Charizard? Charizard and I usually go to see a few of the Charmander that run around there." Leon questioned

"Sure! I haven't been to the wild area in forever!" You shared

"Sounds good to me! We can meet at the train station for it tomorrow, most likely in the evening." Leon informed 

"Okay! See you!" You exclaimed

Leon hung up the phone and Volcarona flapped her wings whilst Houndoom barked at you, Talonflame stepped away.

"None of you want to go? Not even Typhlosion?" You said

Typhlosion looked up and seemed confused, he obviously wasn't paying attention to the call you were on with Leon.

"Leon and Charizard want to go to the wild area with us, you wanna come since those three obviously don't want to." You explained

"Typhlo!" Typhlosion replied

He seemed to want to go with you so you'd allow it, Typhlosion always made things better due to his happy attitude. And he was quite gentle too, smaller Pokémon always loved him despite him being much bigger.

"Than it's settled! I'll leave you all in your Poke Balls so that you guys can get some extra rest tomorrow whilst me and Typhlosion meet some Charmander!" You smiled

"Flame!" Talonflame said

You noticed that the sun was already setting, you did wake up a little later though due to how exhausted the battle had made you. Your Pokémon did the same thing too although Volcarona woke everyone up once she did.

You turned off the tv and got up, you stretched before Houndoom got up too and eventually all your Pokémon did the same.

Walking upstairs you realized it was a little cold, Typhlosion must've realized that too since he got way more annoyed than he usually is whenever it's time to fall asleep.

The fire on his back flared up and it instantly made the room more hot, Talonflame landed on his perch and he seemed to immediately warm up.

Volcarona took her place near the door and Houndoom took his on your bed, you laid down on your bed after changing into more comfortable clothes.

The sun had already set fully meaning that Talonflame would begin to get way more tired, he usually lost his own energy at a certain time and just got way more tired than he usually was during the day. Although it only happened when he was somewhere comfortable, he wouldn't just become tired during a battle or a time he needed to be on high alert.

You thought about why exactly you were being invited to see some Charmander, Leon could've invited you any other time before you were even a Gym Leader.

Why now?

Not that you were complaining since you enjoyed spending your time with Leon and his Pokémon since it was always quite memorable. 

Since you and Leon were childhood friends you didn't mind spending time with him, you met Leon way before his Charizard was even a Charmeleon and way before Leon developed long hair too although you preferred his long hair rather than it being short.

You met him in school, he had a Charmander and you had a Houndour. The circumstances were odd too since you and him weren't even in the same class together, it started when you had to pick something up from his class.

Remembering your first conversation was hard. It was only a few words and here you were, friends with the best Pokémon trainer on earth.