Setting Up

What are you doing?" Abuela asked, confused standing in the doorway.

"Uh, they were just asking about the family and..." Mirabel awkwardly rambled as she tried to push the kids off the stage.

This earns a laugh from the audience again.

"She was about to tell us about her super awesome Gift!" one of the girls exclaimed.

The Madrigal family looked sad and tense.

Suddenly Dolores appeared and leaned her head out the door, "Oh, Mirabel didn't get one."

Then she squeaked and Abuela shrugged and they walked out of sight.

"You didn't get a Gift?" the kid asked

"Um..." Mirabel awkwardly started as she rubbed her neck.

"Mirabel! Delivery! I gave you the special since you're the only Madrigal kid with no Gift. I call it the "Not Special Special" since, uh, you have no Gift," A man appeared and handed her a box.

"Is that suppose to be Osvaldo?" Camilo muttered annoyed, "Does he talk like that a lot?"

"He does. I don't think he realizes it hurts Mirabel's feelings," Dolores replied as Pepa looked at her kids.

"-The last Gift ceremony was a bummer," Osvaldo continued not realizing the fake smile on Mirabel's feelings, "the Last one being yours that did not work."

"Does he talk to you like that a lot?" Agustin leaned and looked at his youngest daughter in concern as did Juileta.

Mirabel busied herself talking to Gabriela pretending she didn't see her parents trying to get her attention.

"If I was you, I'd be really sad," one of the children admitted.

"Well, my little friend, I am not!" Mirabel said as confidently holding the box in one hand, "Because the truth is, Gift or no Gift, I am just as special as the rest of my family!"

As she said this her remaining family members walked back on stage and into Casita casually showing off their gifts.

"Maybe your Gift is in denial," the girl replied.

The audience cracked up at this.

"Okay, that was funny still..." Luisa looked at Mirabel, "Does this actual happen to you a lot?"

Mirabel looked everywhere that wasn't her older sister, "I mean...yeah..."

Mirabel and the kids left the stage and about 6 boys all identical appeared and began moving the set to show the inner part of the house.

"Wait, isn't that kid playing me?" Camilo asked looking down at Mirabel and Gabriela, "Why is there so many of him?"

Gabriela gave a little chuckle, "No, Gaspar is playing you. That's his twin brother Gilberto, and his gift is creating copies of himself. It takes up a lot of energy though, he has to eat a lot like you, Camilo."