Night 1

Sunday evening

-

"Hello, is this Jesse?" the Ad Studio employer asked throught the phone.

"Yeah, it's me." Jesse answered the phone on loudspeaker, simultaneously looking up info on the nightguard job in the advert studio.

"We noticed you applied for the night guard position a few days back."

"Uhuh, that is true." Jesse replied, stumbling upon a couple interesting comments and stories on a website, regarding a green-blue rabbit named 39, whom was associated with several assault accusations and murder attempts.

Why is his name a number?

...Guess I'll never know.

"We really need a nightguard to keep 39 in check, I'll admit, that guy is a piece of work. There are also rumors he's schizophrenic, but it's just a theory. If you're sure you can handle him, you may get your uniform and start workin' tommorow, from 12AM to 6AM."

Jesse watched a leaked cam footage video he found on YouTube, where 39 and the last nightguard got into a fistfight in one of the hallways at 3AM of a Friday night. According to more research, the last guard ended up in the hospital with severe injuries.

"Jesus Christ, that number-named rabbit is nuts." Jesse muttered to himself as he read reviews from the past night guards about the said bunny's behaviour.

"What? You're talking about 39 the bunny? Yeah, he is a bit crazy. If you can't-"

"Oh, I'll be fine. Get an uniform ready for me, I'll be coming tommorow for my first night." Jesse closed his laptop and confidently cut off the employer, just wanting to get the damn job, although it was suspicious to him that he wasn't invited for an interview.

"Oh! That's good, see you soon!"

Once he hung up the phone, Jesse sighed, immedeatly regretting his overconfidence. "What did I just get myself into?"

-
Night 1, 11:55PM

39 the bunny paced around the Showstage in the middle of the night, holding a small McDonald's box in one paw, and eating chicken nuggies with the other.

"Yo, gimme some too! Sharing is caring, dude!" A small plush toy yelled at him, jumping up and down by the cyan rabbit's thumpers.

"Fuck off, they're all mine." 39 replied, shoving another nugget in his mouth. "Go buy your own."

"I'M A PLUSH TOY, GODDAMNIT!"

"Cope harder." 39 giggled at the angry Plushy and stopped pacing, just leaning against the wall. "The new guard should be here soon."

"You know anythin' about them?" Plushy asked, sitting down on the Showstage, watching the main entrance door with the seafoam rabbit.

"Nope, not at all. Bet he or she's a cunt like all the other night guards I annoyed the hell out of."

"Probably."

The door suddenly opened, both Plushy's and 39's ears perking up as they squinted their eyes to see in the dark better.

They could see a dark short figure with small bunny ears and a big fluffy tail, but couldn't make out the fur colors.

"Oh?" 39's tail wagged slightly. "It's a bunny?"

"Go talk to him!" Plushy whispered, nudging the tall rabbit by the fur on his legs.

"W-What?! Why would I do that?! What the fuck would I say?!" 39 whispered loudly, noticing that the new guard's ears twitched, indicating he heard him.