Baby Shopping

" I think the pink one is better" Nessa said.

" No. She's not old enough to choose a favorite color but I'm not dressing her in that overrated color"

" oh come on. What's wrong with pink"

" Nothing. I just don't like it. I think the sea blue one is better"

" Okay eeww. That's disgusting. Fine try the lemon green one"

Nessa and I were currently in the middle of a clothing isle in a baby mall and we just couldn't agree on a signature color for my baby.

Yh, my baby

She wanted pink and I just couldn't accept that. I absolutely hate that color. Blue sounds perfect but I have to agree with Nessa, it didn't match with her brown skin and big brown eyes.

The lemon green though..................

" Okay that kinda looks good with her curly black locks and brown eyes. It also goes well with her golden brown skin. Let's try it"

Nessa looked at me weirdly " you're going to have to stop being a fashion critique if you're gonna be a mom"

I sighed and looked at Jada who was laying contentedly on a big bean bag in front of the mirrors. She kept babbling to herself. She's such a happy baby

" I do don't I"

Nessa nodded and went to lift Jada. She took her to the dressing room while holding the cute lemon green dress.

I sat down on a little stool and waited. It felt like ages before they came out when it was literally less than a minute

Call it new mom paranoia

When they came out though, I was starstruck. My baby looked so gorgeous with her head of curly hair and her soft brown skin.

She looked so beautiful.

I decided we had to leave that dress on her. Nessa was so excited. We picked dresses, skirts, shoes, socks, gloves, jackets, hats, tops, diapers, baby food, bottles and many other necessities.

We hauled everything to the counter and soon everything was bagged. We paid and an attendant helped us to my car. He also helped fix the car seat.

I strapped Jada in and she started crying.

" hey baby, what's wrong" I unhooked the seat belt and carried her in my arms. She kept pulling at my shirt and making sucking motions with her mouth.

" awww are you hungry" she wailed louder and it felt so heart breaking.

"Nessa could you please run back and get some already made baby food or pudding"

" On it"

I sat in the backseat as I cradled a crying Jada. " sshhh jayjay aunt Nessa is coming okay" I kissed her forehead and frowned when I noticed Nessa wasn't coming back.

Jada's face got all red and blotchy. Tears sprung to my eyes. I was panicking. I didn’t know what to do. My baby was fussy and I could do nothing.

Nessa came running just then and I snatched the pudding from her. I opened it with shaky hands and started feeding Jada. I was so upset.

Jada finished the whole cup and I rocked her a little before strapping her back in her seat. I got back in the driver's seat and zoomed off. The ride back was quiet.

Honestly I was a little upset with Nessa. What took her so long. But I also know my annoyance is unreasonable. She was also trying.

We got back and unloaded everything. Jada was asleep but her crib wasn't ready yet so I took her into my room and layed her directly in the middle of my bed. I surrounded her with pillows to prevent her falling off.

When I got back to the hall, Nessa was standing there staring at me. "Okay so are you gonna say something"

I sighed and collapsed on a couch. " I'm sorry. I was just upset. I don't know if I'll be a good mom"

She gaped at me and sat next to me. "Listen, you've only known that child less than twenty four hours and you're already treating her like a princess. She cried a little and you were loosing your mind. If anyone can do this, it's you. Heck I would have turned her in by now"

I looked at her and smiled " thank you. I needed that"

She nodded and returned the smile. "Now let's figure out how to fix that crib"