Chapter 8: Daniel's Secret Crush

Daniel had always considered himself straight, but something about Ryan had him feeling confused. He couldn't deny that he had a crush on him, but he didn't know how to deal with these feelings.

Daniel spent most of his time thinking about Ryan, wondering what it would be like to be with him. He tried to brush it off as just a phase or curiosity, but it wouldn't go away. He started to feel guilty for even thinking about Ryan in that way.

As he struggled to come to terms with his feelings, Daniel also worried about what his friends and family would think. He had never talked about his sexuality before, and the idea of coming out terrified him.

One night, after a long day of investigating, Daniel found himself alone with Maya. He decided to confide in her, hoping she would understand.

"Maya, can I talk to you about something?" he asked nervously.

"Of course, what's up?" Maya replied, sensing the seriousness in his voice.

"I think I have a crush on Ryan," Daniel admitted, feeling his face turn red.

Maya looked surprised but quickly composed herself. "Hey, there's nothing wrong with that. Have you talked to Ryan about it?"

Daniel shook his head. "I don't know how he would react. And I'm scared to tell my family and friends."

Maya put a hand on his shoulder. "It's okay, Daniel. We're your friends, and we love you no matter what. You don't have to tell anyone until you're ready. And as for Ryan, he's a great guy, and I'm sure he'll understand."

Daniel felt relieved to have told someone about his secret crush, but he knew he still had a long way to go before he could fully accept his feelings. But for now, he was grateful for Maya's support and understanding.