Chapter 13: Piecing it Together

As the days went on, Maya and her friends got more and more invested in the murder investigation. They spent all their free time looking for clues and interviewing potential suspects.

One day, they received a tip that led them to a local bar where the victim had been seen the night before the murder. The bartender remembered seeing the victim arguing with a man before leaving the bar alone.

Maya and her friends tracked down the man in question and questioned him about his relationship with the victim. He admitted that they had been involved in a heated argument over money, but he denied any involvement in the murder.

However, Maya noticed that the man was wearing a ring that matched a piece of evidence found at the crime scene. With this new information, Maya and her friends knew they were getting closer to solving the case.

As they left the bar, they received a threatening message from an unknown number. It read: "Stop digging or suffer the consequences." Maya and her friends knew that they were onto something big and they couldn't let the threat stop them. They vowed to continue their investigation no matter what.

Sofia and Emily were on their way to grab some snacks from the kitchen when they stumbled upon a surprising sight. They saw Ryan and Daniel kissing in the living room.

Sofia gasped and covered her mouth in shock, while Emily's eyes widened in surprise. Ryan and Daniel immediately jumped apart, startled by the unexpected interruption.

"Uh...sorry guys," Sofia stammered, her face turning bright red.

"It's not what it looks like," Ryan said, quickly trying to explain.

Daniel looked mortified and couldn't even bring himself to look at his friends. He knew they were accepting of the LGBT community, but it was still embarrassing to be caught in such an intimate moment.

Emily grinned mischievously. "Relax guys, we're happy for you. You make a cute couple," she said, giving them both a reassuring smile.

Sofia nodded in agreement, a small smile forming on her face. "Yeah, you guys deserve to be happy," she said, feeling relieved that her friends were accepting of Ryan and Daniel's relationship.

Ryan and Daniel breathed a sigh of relief, feeling grateful for their friends' understanding. They knew that coming out wasn't easy, but having the support of their friends made it all worth it.

The group shared a laugh and continued on to the kitchen, feeling closer than ever.