So It Begins

Chapter Two: So It Begins

[Y/N]'S POV:

Getting up in the morning had felt like a struggle, I even slept through breakfast. But to be fair, I didn't sleep much last night, instead I stayed up for hours, silently crying. I would have been full on sobbing if I didn't have roommates. But I stayed quiet, for their sake. I was hoping that my new roommates would become close friends of mine, but it seems they already had their own friend group–one which didn't include myself. 'No matter. I still have Cedric and Drayce.' I told myself, putting my snake into my bag and heading into the Hufflepuff common room.

I made eye contact with Cedric, who gave me a warming smile as he scanned my appearance. I was currently wearing a cream turtleneck with a plaid yellow pencil skirt and black tights under my cloak. It was definitely one of my better outfits, highlighting all the right curves of my body.

"Good Morning to you Miss. Fancy." Cedric teased once I was in ear shot. I only rolled my tired eyes at him playfully, earning a laugh.

"Good morning, Diggory." I replied. "Hey, sorry if this is a bother, but could you show me to my defense against the dark arts class?"

"Of course!" Cedric kindly said, leading me out of the common room and to my first class of the day. Once we arrived he stopped just outside the classroom door and wished me good luck before leaving for his own class. Students mingled around the classroom, trying to find a place to sit next to their friends, a luxury I didn't quite have. However, I did notice that Slytherin boy from the great hall last night. The blonde seated himself next to a Slytherin friend of his. So, I took the opportunity to sit directly in front of him. The seat was empty after all.

There was a Hufflepuff girl seated next to me, which made me feel a bit more comfortable. That is, until she scoffed at me for seemingly no reason. 'The hell was that about? Don't Hufflepuff's pride themselves on being kind?' Feeling uneasy I reached my hand into my bag, letting Drayce slither up my arm, which earned scoffs from many other students this time.

"Slytherin wannabe." A Hufflepuff to my right huffed, glaring right at me. My free hand reached for a strand of hair which fell in my face, tucking it behind my ear as I did my best to ignore their comments.

"She doesn't even have respect for her own house." A Gryffindor announced proudly, their comment obviously directed towards me. "Her and her slimy snake should go back to America where they belong." I gritted my teeth, trying my best to keep cool, but there was no way I was going to stay silent as they freely spoke about me in such a disrespectful way.

"Will you stop?" I sneered, twisting my body to face the bitch of a Gryffindor.

This time, one of the Slytherin boys seated behind me decided to add to the conversation. I believe his name was Goyle. "Nice accent American freak. I bet you're a filthy muggle born mudblood too, huh?" Moving my body to now face the two boys directly behind me I let Drayce wrap himself around my neck loosely as I gave Goyle an annoyed look. My eyes narrow, mouth slightly parted, and rage evident behind my features. I didn't let the almost shocked look the blonde next to him held go unnoticed.

"What the actual fuck is a muggle?" Although I was asking a question, my tone was stern and piercing.

"It's someone who doesn't have magic, idiot." Goyal retorted, laughing while nudging his blonde companion.

"You mean a no-maj?" I practically corrected him, which put his laughing to a stop.

"They're called muggles."