Group Projects Are The Worst

Chapter three: Group Projects Are The Worst

[Y/N]'S POV:

It's been about a week since I've been at Hogwarts now. Cedric and the Weasley twins became good friends of mine. Funny how I was getting along with people in the years above over students my own age. Which reminds me, Cedric was a chosen champion for the Triwizard Tournament. I was ecstatic to say the least when Dumbeldor read off his name. In my short time here, I've learned quickly that Hufflepuffs have a bad rep for being weak or pathetic. So seeing that a Hufflepuff was chosen to compete in one of the most challenging tournaments definitely boosted my spirits a bit. However, Harry Potter was chosen as well. That wasn't supposed to happen, I don't know how he managed to do it but it definitely made my suspicions of him increase. I now understand why Snape had told me to steer clear of Potter.

But us students were patiently waiting for the tournament to be kicked off. Rumors of the first task involving dragons spreading around the school like wildfire. Honestly, I was starting to think I came to this school at just the right time. The tournament gave me something to look forward to and I had someone to root for; Cedric.

Currently I was in the courtyard, as it was nice out and my free period. I spotted Cedric and some of his older Hufflepuff friends seated at a bench nearby and began to head over to him, walking past a tree in the process. Only, I stopped in my tracks as a voice came from up in the tree.

"Hello, Huffle." The familiar voice had a cocky tone to it. Looking up into the tree I found a certain blonde haired Slytherin perched up there. Although he annoyed the shit out of me, I couldn't help the smirk which formed on my lips.

"Malfoy." I greeted plainly, taking a few steps closer to the tree, peering up at him. My [h/c] hair blowing in the wind behind me.

"I see you don't have a 'Potter Stinks' badge. Would you like one?" He questioned, pulling a button out from his pocket and tossing it down to me. I caught it with ease, examining how the pin went from Cedric's confident face to Potter's green face sinking towards the bottom of the badge as the words 'Potter Stinks' appeared. "I made them myself." Malfoy added confidently. 'Now why does that not surprise me?'

"Thanks, but not really my style." I spoke, smirking up at him as I placed the pin into my cloak pocket. He only scoffed at me in response, but the grin on his face never left. "You know Malfoy, we have a potions project coming up. Maybe you should spend your time studying for that instead of making rude buttons."

"Oh please." He rolled his eyes at me. "Don't give me that whole 'hard work is rewarding' Hufflepuff speech. Besides, I'm great at potions."

Shrugging I said, "Suit yourself." before turning around and strutting towards Cedric, who had just finished speaking with Potter. Harry and I glanced at each other as we passed by, but didn't say a word to each other. Neither one of us had an interest in the other.

Once I had reached Cedric we exchanged a few words, mainly conversing about the badges Malfoy made. But Malfoy and Potter's bickering voices in the near distance had caught both of our attention. I couldn't quite make out what it was they were saying to each other, but seeing Malfoy pull out his wand told me they definitely weren't speaking kindly to each other.

"Oh boy." I mumbled to Cedric, who seemed far more amused by the situation than I did. Next thing I knew professor Moody came from nowhere and transformed Malfoy into a ferret. My jaw dropped, seeing him fling Malfoy's ferret form around in the air. Cedric laughed and moved to get a better view of the show, where I wasn't all too amused. 'This is why I say there's something off about Professor Moody!' I hurriedly looked around the courtyard for another teacher and thankfully McGonagall wasn't too far away.