What's the Plan?

Nordica's POV

"Whatever happens, you keep running. Try to get back to the others, while I distract that thing!" Jake shouts. As we continue to run.

"It'll kill you" I tell him.

"Do as I say, run and hide" he tells me. Suddenly he is pulled away from me. I turn to see the thanator has a hold of his bag.

"Jake!" I shout.

"Run!" he shouts as tears fill my eyes. "Run now!" he shouts as he unclips his bag. I stomp my thought and take off running. While he distracts the thanator. I hear him get free and run in the opposite direction. With the thanator after him.

I remove my medical kit so that I can run faster. As I hear gun shouts and roars. I reach a cliff and stop to catch my breath. I look around, where am I? I hear a twig snap behind me. I turn about to scream, but relax when I see it's Jake. "Did you lose it?" I ask him.

"No, we have to jump" he states grabbing my hand.

"Are you crazy? I don't want to jump!" I shout. I hear the Thanator getting closer.

"You have to do as I say, trust me" he says.

"Ok" I say.

"On three" he says. "One" he says.

"Two" I say.

"Three" we say as we jump. Narrowly avoiding the thanator's jaws. We land in the water below safely as it roared above us. We swam to shore and sigh in relief.

"You ok?" Jake asks me.

"Heart pounding madly, but I'm ok and so is the baby. I hope" I tell him worried.

"Hey if he or she is anything like you. I am sure they are fine" he assures me. We get out of the water. "Where's the med kit?" he asks me.

"I got rid of it, so that I could run faster" I tell him.

"Probably smart" he states as he surveys the area.

"What's the plan?" I ask him.

"Why ask me?" he asks me.

"You were a marine, you must of had some survival training" I state.

"You're right, I have. But not here" he states. "Looks like we gotta have to trust our instincts and each other" he tells me.

"Super" I say. "Which way?" I ask. He looks around and sets off. I follow him. "What made you choose this way?" I ask him curious.

"Had to clearest view of what lies ahead" he states. I nod my head in understanding. "Any other predators we should be worried about?" he asks me.

"Not another one of them, unless it figures out a way to get down here" I state. "Otherwise the only thing we may have to worry about is a pack of nantang" I tell him.

"Nantang?" he asks confused.

"We call them viper-wolves, hunt in packs look canine and sound like hyenas" I tell him.

"Outstanding" he mutters. "Ariel predators?" he asks me.

"Not this deep into the jungle" I assure him.

"That's something at least" he states. "So here's my plan, we find a safe place to set up camp. Start a fire to keep away any of these viper-wolves and wait for help" he explains.

"You sure a fire is necessary? What if it lures them in instead of scaring them off?" I ask him.

"I'll handle it, I won't let anything happen to you or your baby" he assures me. "Besides maybe the fire will alert the Na'vi and they will come to help us" he states. I nod my head and he wraps an arm around my shoulders as we continue to walk.

(Time skip to night)

Jake had made us a spear each, I don't know what he expects to do with mine. I'm no warrior. Right now is trying to light a fire as we hear viper-wolves. We see their eyes glinting in the darkness. "Jake" I say scared.

"Don't be afraid, stay close to me" he tells me. He finally lights the torch and swings it around. The viper-wolves hiss backing away. The fire illuminates their green eyes as they circle us.

"We're surrounded" I state.

"I can see that Nordica" he tells me.

"What's your plan now?" I ask him. As the viper-wolves clearing aren't that scared of the fire. As they draw neared.

"We fight, until we see an opening and run" he states.

"You're lucky I'm not farther along" I tell him annoyed. I hate running at the best of times. But being pregnant means I tire quicker. Jake whirls the torch in an arc, keeping viper-wolves at bay. As another adrenaline rush fills me.

"I don't have all goddamn night! Come on! Come on!" Jake challenges them. Great, he's having one to and it's making do stupid things. The viper-wolves accept the challenge and attack.

"Ewya help us" I pray as Jake hits the first viper-wolf with his spear.

A/N

Picture above of Thanator and picture on the external link of 2 viperwolves.