Death and Life

Nordica's POV

While Jake and the hunters gathered allies. My human body was laid to rest, along with Grace's human one. It was a beautiful ceremony. Many Na'vi came to help. We went from a couple hundred, to well over two thousand in number. And more are still coming. Only the forest Na'vi are answering Toruk Macto's call to fight. The sea Na'vi have never had a problem with the sky people and did not want to be drawn into our war. They wish to remain neutral. Which I totally understand and respect.

Once all the clans were gather. Jake got some intel from Max, from Hell's gate about the colonel's plan. He then made an attack plan. They'd split into two groups. A ground team will prevent any sky people from attacking us from the forest. While Jake, Tsu'tey and Neytiri will lead the sky attack. To stop the bomber from reaching the well of souls.

A groups of warriors in training, will stay here with those not fighting. We'll be the last defense if the other two teams fail. I pray they don't. Jake begged Eywa for help last night. But did not receive an answer before going to rest with Neytiri.

I helped paint war paint on Jake and Neytiri. "You both be careful and watch each others backs. My babies can't lose their aunt and uncle" I tell them. "Same to you Norm" I add. He is joining the ground team.

"We'll be careful" he tells me.

"Just take care of our nieces" Jake adds. I hug all three of them. Before they leave with the other warriors. Norman riding Ju'li.

"They will be back" Mo'at assures me.

"I hope so" I tell her. "I'm gonna go check on my friends" I add. She nods and I go search for the others. I soon find them. "I see you" I say. They repeat it. Apollo sits in my lap. We all smile. "Been a while Nikki, Nahko has grown a lot" I state.

"He has" she agrees with a smile. "Aniu told me of Apollo's connection to one of your daughters. Not many find such a strong connection so young" she states.

"Do you think they'll mate in future?" Cleo asks.

"Perhaps, only time will tell" Aniu states.

"Speaking on babies, have you found out the gender of yours yet?" I ask Cleo.

"I have, it's a boy. I think" she states. "I worry about his father" she adds sadly.

"I worry for my mate as well" Nikki states.

"We've got to have faith, I know we'll win somehow" Aniu assures them.

"Lets pray for them" I suggest and they agree. We form a circle. With Apollo, Anika and Nahko in the middle. We link hands and close our eyes. Aniu leads the prayer for their mates safe return and our victory.

(Time skip)

We saw the bomber heading our way. I mount Rosa and take to the sky with my bow & arrow. I may not be much of an aerial hunter. But I want let them destroy the tree of souls. In the distance I see a na'vi falling from the sky.

But my eye is drawn to the top of the bomber. As I see a bunch of wild ikran join the fight. As Jake is on it and he manages to destroy one of it's wings. He jumped off as it crushed to the ground and exploded.

I see Jake falling and dive. "Jake!" I shout and he looks up.

"I'll be fine!" he shouts. "Find Norm and Tsu'tey!" he yells. I nod and start to search. I find Tsu'tey first. Saeyla kneeling beside him. It's obvious he is badly wounded and would not make it. I land and send Rosa up.

"I see you" I say to Saeyla. "Tsu'tey" I say.

"Atiena" he says weakly.

"Saeyla, stay with him until Neytiri and Jake arrive. I must find my brother" I tell her. She nods her head and an injured Ju'li appears. "Ju'li!" I exclaim and run over to her. She'd been shout and has many other wounds. I stroke her neck. "Where's Norman, where is my brother?" I ask her looking into her eyes.

She snorts and offers me her antenna. I didn't want to ride her when she is so hurt. But she insisted. So I link with her and mount her. "Take me to my brother" I think and we gallop. As we ride, I see the animals of Pandora attacking the sky people. I smile, Eywa had heard Jake.

Ju'li soon slows and I see an avatar on the ground. "Norman!" I shout and unlink dismounting Ju'li. I rush over to him. "No, you can't be dead!" I cry. His avatar has been shot. But that doesn't mean he's dead. His human body should still be alive. I hear a crush behind me and turn to see Ju'li had fallen onto her side breathing heavily.

"Ju'li!" I yell and rush over. I rest her head on my lap. "It's ok, you did well. You may rest now, let your spirit run free with Eywa my sister" I say as tears stream down my face. As Ju'li takes her last breath. So much death. I pray we have won as I hear less explosions. The fight must be coming to an end.

I hear a crush of follage behind me. I load my bow and turn preparing to shoot. But relax when I see it's Norman. I run over and hug him. "I thought I lost you!" I cry.

"I'm ok" he assures me. "We should get my avatar somewhere safe" he states. I nod as some na'vi hunters appear with pa'li. I ask them for help and they offer it. We get Norm's avatar on a pa'li and set out for the tree of souls. That's where any survivors will be going.

(Time skip)

So Tsu'tey passed away. The colonel is dead, hallelujah. Trudy died also. Norm's avatar was taken back to Hell's gate where is receives treatment. It took many weeks, but he was soon able to link with his avatar again. Grace's avatar also returned to Hell's gate, where they discovered she was pregnant somehow. The baby was alive, even though Grace wasn't.

The sky people were sent back to their dying world. Only a select few of trusted friends were allowed to stay. They over saw Grace's whole pregnancy. They also raised the colonel's orphaned son. Neytiri discovered she was pregnant. She and Jake had a son, and adopted Grace's daughter. Jake is now clan leader, Mo'at is still Tsahik though.

I myself gave birth to my beautiful twin girls. They are both perfect. Cleo did have a boy. Her mate along with Aniu's and Nikki's survived the battle. I am so happy for them all. Today my girls and Jake's two kids will be linking with the tree of souls for the first time. Aniu was right, it was truly magical and worth all the pain of labor when I got to bond with my two little girls for the first time.

Jake and Neytiri, named their son Neteyam and adopted daughter Kiri. She looks just like Grace. Well a baby na'vi version of her. Grace had shown me a photo album before and in it was a baby photo of her. Anyway, the whole tribe is gathered to watch all four babies bond with the tree of souls. Cleo's son will bond with it next week.

I smile proudly as my two little girls bond with the tree of souls. Both smile and babble happily. The tribe cheer. That night there was a huge feast and celebration. As I nurse one of my girls as Aniu feds my other girl a bottle. I have a feeling we will see the sky people again. Though I pray we don't. I don't want my girls to know the fear and lose they bring where ever they go. But I won't focus on that, right now I will focus on raising my two little girls and enjoy watching my niece & nephew grow.

The End of Nordica's Journey in Avatar, this book will be on hold for the time being. It will continue on to Nordica's Journey in Avatar: Way of Water. I just don't know when I will start it. Will she leave with Jake and his family? Does she find love? What about her daughters? Will they all survive Quaritch's return?

A/N

Picture above of Tsu'tey dying and picture on the external link of the twins.