Escaping Hell's Gate

Nordica's POV

I enter the control room with Norm after my check-up. Both me and the babies are ok. But I am still planning a way to get out of hells gate today. So that I can do the consciousness transfer. So that we won't be put at risk again. "We understand them just fine. Thanks to Jake here, " the colonel states and pulls up one of Jake's video logs on screen.

"They're not going to give up their home. They're not gonna make a deal. For what? Lite beer and shopping channel? There's nothing we have that they want. We're a horror to them. We're the monsters from space, " Jake says on the recording. "They're never going to leave Home-tree," the recording finishes.

"Since a deal can't be made, it gets real simple," the colonel states. "So thanks. I'm getting all emotional. I might just give you a big wet kiss, " he tells Jake.

"Parker, we have to talk, like rational people," Grace tells the head of the base.

" Well, I'd cherish that, but unfortunately, you're out of here on the next shuttle. All of you. I'm shutting down the Avatar Program, effective now, " he states. We're all shocked. I can't leave Pandora, it's mine and my babies new home. No one is going to take it from us, not on my watch.

(Mini time skip)

We're all in the lab, which is being packed up. I'm ignoring Jake as I lean on Norman feeling emotionally drained. "They bulldozed a sacred site on purpose to trigger a response. They're fabricating this war to get what they want. " Grace rants.

"I can't believe that," Norm states.

"Yup. That's how it's done. When people are sitting on shit you want, you make them your enemy. Then you're justified in taking it. " Jake rants. Just then, Trudy runs into the room.

"Sec-ops is rolling the gunships. They're gonna hit Hometree!" she tells us.

"What?!" I exclaim.

"When?" Jake asks.

"Now," she says. "We're spooling up now! I gotta go, " she states and leaves. Jake pumps furiously toward the door, Grace following.

"How come you're giving Jake the cold shoulder?" Norm asks.

"He mated with Neytiri," I tell him, and he looks shocked.

"I didn't know they even liked each other like that," he states.

"No one did," I state.

"I can't believe they'd do that without talking to someone first. I mean, Neytiri was promised to Tsu-tey, and Jake's body was supposed to be Tom's. And you two were going to mate, " he states.

"I know," I snap.

"I'm so sorry you have to go through this," he tells me.

"I just can't believe they could forget," I say as tears fill my eyes. Stupid pregnancy hormones. He gives me a hug. "Did I ever tell you the name for the twins?" I ask him.

"You've chosen?" he asks, surprised, and I nod my head. "Tell me," he says.

"Tanhi and Tirea," I tell him. He smiles. Just then, Grace and Jake return with Park. Two link pods are prepared. "What's happening?" I ask Grace.

"We're going to warn the people," she states. She gets into her link pod. I see Jake about to link up, and Parker holds the lid.

"You've got one hour. Unless you want your girlfriend in there when the axe comes down, you get them to evacuate. One hour, " he tells Jake before closing the lid.

(Time skip)

Home tree has fallen, and I have no idea if my avatar body survived. We've all been locked up in a cell. Norm, Jake, Grace, and I. "Nordica, are you ok?" Jake asks me.

"Like you care," I state.

"You're carrying my nieces, of course I do," he states.

"Then why did you mate with Neytiri without telling me? When you knew Tom and I were going to mate in our avatar bodies!" I snap tears in my eyes. "I didn't even know you liked each other, then you both appear mated. Do you know how much that hurt me?" I demand.

"I never meant to hurt you, neither of us did," he says lowly.

"Doesn't change anything," I tell him as Norman wraps his arm around me. I lean into him. Until I hear a familiar voice outside our cell.

"Personally, I think steak's too good for these traitors," Trudy states.

"They get steak? That's bullshit. Let me see that, " the guard says. Trudy knocks him out with the butt of her gun.

"Max!" she calls, and he appears letting us out. We all run to the hanger and grab masks. Jake has Max stay behind, to spy for us. I got in first with Trudy. While Norm helps Jake into the back. As Grace grabs his wheelchair as the colonel appears shooting at us.

I keep my head down. Covering it with one arm and using the other to protect me pregnant belly. Trudy takes off, and we escape Hell's Gate. "Oh yeah, baby!" Jake cheers. As I sigh in relief, noticing I have no injuries.

"Aaahh, crap. Not again, " I hear Grace say in pain. I look into the back to see her holding her side, which is bleeding heavily.

"Grace!" I shout and get up.

"This is gonna ruin my whole day," she states. I grab the trump kit and hand it to Norm. He and Jake get to work, trying to clean the wound and stop the bleeding. While Trudy continues to fly towards Hallelujah Mountains as I sit back down. I pray we all make it out of this alive and that my avatar is safe. I guess I'll know soon.

We reached the mountain site safely. Norman linked up with his avatar, and we moved the link room deeper into the mountains. While Jake tended to Grace in the link room. I am in the copilot seat, not wanting to be around Jake.

After we found a safe place for the link room. Norman unlinked, and Jake linked up. Trudy checks her plane for any damage. While Norman monitirs Jake's vital signs as I tend to Grace. If Jake's plan works and he bonds with Toruk Macto. He'd return and take Grace and I to the tree of souls. Hopefully, Mo'at can save Grace, and I can leave my human body behind.

A/N

Picture above of Grace.