Chapter 1

I had almost forgotten what the Kurosaki Clinic had looked like, it had been almost a year since I had last been here after all. After paying the taxi driver, noting how he stared at the eyepatch covering my right eye, I slung my backpack over my shoulder and brought my rolling suitcase behind me as I approached the front door of the Kurosaki home.

After lugging my suitcase up the stairs, I approached the door and knocked. It took a couple of seconds, but the door soon opened and I met a pair of surprised eyes.

"E-Enka?!"

"Isshi-nii!" I squealed before I threw myself onto my older brother.

Once the surprised left him, Isshin let out a happy laugh as he hugged me, slightly lifting me in the process. "What are you doing here? I thought you were in England somewhere"

"Well-" Before I could reply, I was interrupted by a young girl's voice

"Dad, who was at the door?" Yuzu asked as she came around the corner, but froze when she saw me. When she realized she wasn't imagining things, she squealed "Aunty Enka!"

Before I could properly react, Yuzu had barreled into me and held onto my waist. I laughed before I put my arms around Yuzu.. "Yuzu! I missed you too"

Where's Karin and Ichigo?" I asked.

Karin is at soccer practice, and Ichigo left a little while ago" supplied Yuzu.

"Hmm, a shame. I suppose they'll have to get their presents later"

"Presents?!" Yuzu gasped. "You brought us presents?"

"Of course I did! Isshi-nii, grab my suitcase will you?" I didn't even wait for him to reply, before Yuzu and I went over to the living room.

•••••

A couple hours later, we were at the dinner table. Karin and Ichigo had both come home during that time and were with us. After we had catched up on their lives since I left, it was my turn to be interrogated.

What's England like?" Yuzu was the first to ask.

"Pretty cold and grey" I mused. "I definitely enjoyed being able to wear some of my warmer clothes more often"

"Is it really that cold there?"

"It's summer and the temperature doesn't go above twenty five degrees"

"Really?" Yuzu blinked at her in surprise.

I nodded. "They consider that hot. I got some odd looks when I had on more layers without issue" I said with a chuckle.

"Enough about the weather" Karin interrupted. "What about soccer? It's pretty big there in England, isn't it?"

"Well, yeah. But I'm not much of a sports person" I said, much to Karin's disappointment. "But maybe I can take you there sometime and we can catch a soccer game, wouldn't that be fun?"

I could see Karin sit up straighter at that, but she still managed to keep her composure. "I guess it could be fun"

"Then we'll have to organize it. Maybe I can take you to the 'premiere league'"

"This year?!"

".. probably not this season, but maybe next one" I hid an amused smile as I watched Karin sink back into her chair in disappointment.

Aunty Enka" piped up Yuzu.

"Yes?"

"What about weird things?"

"Weird things?" I bit my bottom lip, thinking about the things I did see in London. "Alot of weird things, especially compared to here"

"Why did you come back?" Ichigo spoke for the first time.