Chapter 2

Whoever decided to build a cemetery up a mountain is an asshole, seriously. I was trying not to show how out of shape I was by keeping my breaths normal, but my body was seriously out of shape. My legs were hurting, my lungs were burning, the sun was blinding me.

And Isshin decided blowing a whistle beside my ear was the best idea in the world.

"Who built this place? Like, who decided we had to go on a  full on adventure just to visit our loved ones?" I whined.

Isshin stopped his whistling to laugh at me. "You wouldn't be struggling so much if you kept up with your Kurosaki exercise plan!"

"I'm not struggling" I snorted, while trying to keep myself steady. "It's just a pain in the ass"

"This hill is really steep" Yuzu whined.

"See? I'm not the only one complaining" I said to Isshin, but I noticed a gleam in his eye and decided to move back a bit.

"Is it? It doesn't really bother me" Karin said to her sister. "But if you say things like that..."

It was like Yuzu had summoned some kind of demon, because at that moment, Isshin decided to do a handstand infront me.

"Don't worry Yuzu!" He yelled. "Dad is rooting for you!"

"See?" Karin sighed.

"Was he always like this?" Ichigo asked from where he stood beside me.

"He was calmer when he was younger, to be honest. Still, very weird"

"It's hard to believe you're related"

"Tell me about it" I sighed, before a sweat drop appeared behind my head as I watched Isshin rush up the hill on his hands.

Although he didn't get far, he was kicked right in the head by Karin when he tried sliding by Yuzu. I just watched as he rolled down the hill between Ichigo and I, before I continued walking up.

"This hill really is a pain"

"It's only June, and it's already so hot already" Ichigo

"At least I'm not the only one affected by the heat" when Ichigo didn't answer me, I glanced at him and frowned when I saw the look on his face. "Ichigo, are you okay?"

He slightly shook his head, probably to clear his thoughts. "I'm fine, Aunt Enka"

I knew he wasn't, but before I could say anything to him, both of us heard Karin speak and turned to look at her.

"Huh, someone else is here?"

"You're right" Yuzu agreed. "I wonder if she's also here to visit someone"

I was frozen, staring at the person. I didn't think I'd see anyone from back there ever again, especially not her. But there she was, waving over at us with a bright smile on her face.

Beside me, Ichigo was panicking. But right now, I didn't care. I turned around before she could see me, and waved to the kids. "I'm gonna go find your dad"

"You don't have to" said Karin, but I ignored her.

I really didn't need to deal with this today.

•°•°•°•°•°

I found Isshin about halfway back down the hill, crashed into a wall. He was still in the same position as when he landed, eyes closed.

"They're not coming down, you know"

He opened his eyes and pouted at me. "Of course they're going to come down for their dear old dad!"

"Nope. You overestimate how much your kids will put up with you"