Chapter One: Awakening

(Alright team let's get this story ready to go. Who should be Y/n's S/O? And they don't have to have one too.)

His ears burned as they began hearing a static beep every few seconds. He could feel his heart rate slowing down as his eyes opened, revealing faces hovering over him from every angle. When he began to blink they scattered desperately to the corners of the room, watching as he sat up weakly.

His body ached as he sat upright, placing a hand to his head and looking around the white room. That's when he noticed the men with guns, trained on his figure. He clenched his eyes closed and breathed through his nose. "Figures." As he opened his eyes one of the doctors pressed against wall began approaching, her blonde hair swaying back and forth as she did so.

"Is it okay if we ask you a few questions before we let you roam?"

"Roam?"

"You're not a prisoner here. You'll have free reign of the building and nearby shops." She replied, bringing out a flashlight to check his pupils. "So would it be okay?"

"Uh... sure..."

"Alright, and they are just basic questions."

"Simple then."

"Precisely. First one. What's your name?"

"Y/n L/n."

"How old are you?"

"Twenty-Two."

"Who is your father?"

"F/n L/n."

"What tests did he perform on you?"

"I thought you said these were simple questions." Y/n began, looking around himself as the air in his lungs contracted.

"It's the last one I promise. But you'll need to speak to Chris for housing. And to tell him what you wanted to." The male sighed and closed his eyes, rubbing his temples before speaking.

"It was injections of the G-Virus. From when I was young." He answered finally, opening his eyes and hiding his face. "Can I go now?"

"Of course, oh but one last thing."

"What?"

"May I have a quick blood sample? Just for a few tests?"

The male sighed and began rolling the sleeve of his left arm up. "Knock yourself out." He spoke, looking at the soldiers who had their guns aimed down towards the ground now. "But then I gotta ask you some questions."

He could hear metal scraping metal before the coolness of a pad on his arm. "But of course, I suspect you have many." She inserted the needle and watches in awe as the male didn't react to it. "You have a high pain tolerance, which is good."

"Thank you...?" He questioned, brow furrowing. The truth of the matter was, he simply lost all pain receptors from his testing prior to this. As she finished getting the sample she clean the spot and put a cotton ball on it and wrapped it tape before pulling his sleeve down for him.

"So."

"So..."

"What do you want to know?"

"Why are all of you so afraid of me?"

"You're different."

"Okay... so... where am I?"

"At the BSAA American branches HQ."

"Which is?"

"America."

"I slept through all the way here? From Europe? Seriously?"

"You've been asleep for several days. We thought you wouldn't wake up."

"Guess I've always been a heavy sleeper."

"Anything else?"

"Not on the top of my head... no. So... where Chris?"

"I thought you said you didn't have questions?" His jaw dropped slightly at her shot back before a small half smirk pulled at his lips. He saw her smile before a soft laugh fell from her. "Gotcha." She winked playfully before labeling the samples and giving them to another woman to get ready for testing. "He's up a floor. You'll know you're at his door when you see the nameplate."

"What's the nameplate? Full thing I mean."

"Chris. Chris Redfield. Captain Chris Redfield." She answered, finally turning away from him.

"Okay..." He turned and slid his legs off of the edge of the freezing table, shows touching the ground as he stood carefully. A quick wave of dizziness waves over him, but he recovered and left the room. There was a very obvious difference in lighting and coloration from the bland white room he was just in. The hallway had silver and bronze wallpaper and black and white tiles on the floors.

He looked around himself before going left and hoping he found a staircase. As he rounded another corner he spotted a long blonde haired woman speaking to another male. He approached her and cleared his throat, seeing her quick glare melt into a welcoming smile.

"You're awake."

"Yes I am... um..."

"Is something wrong?" Y/n watched as her warm smile faded away into a thin line.

"No I just... don't know where I'm going. I'm trying to find Chris Redfield."

"I'll help you." She turned to the blonde haired male. "I'll talk to you later." He nodded and turned away, leaving the building through a set of glass double doors. "Follow me." And similar to a few days ago he followed the woman around a curve and up a set of stairs. "I'm Jill by the way. I work closely with Chris so if you ever need help and he's not around I can help you."

"I'll keep that in mind... thanks. I'm Y/n."

"I know. Everyone was excited to know that you came here."

"Really? A monster?" She stopped and abruptly turned to face him.

"What did you just say?"

"A monster?"

"Absolutely not and let me tell you why." Y/n pursed his lips and listened to her next words carefully. "A monster is someone who has left their humanity behind to be controlling or horrible. Or maybe it's out of their control. But you are not a monster. Not unless you give up what makes you human most."

"I never thought of it that way. Thank you..." He cherished the words and felt his heart beat faster at it. "I'll remember that for sure."

"Good. And don't let anyone out you down. You're you and that's all you gotta be, okay?"

Y/n smiled widely like an idiot as the woman turned around, walking with her towards the nameplate reading Captain Chris Redfield. "Yes Ma'am."