Chapter Six: Escape?

Chris woke up with a pain in his neck. Around him stood the men in black. Who spoke to other another carefully and hushed. "Where do we put this guy?"

"Somewhere that he won't be found."

"And the younger male?"

"He goes home." The group leader answered, turning and peering down at Chris behind a pair of sunglasses. "Where my son belongs." He tried to move away, feeling a heavy boot land on his lower back. "No point in trying to stop what already been done. You kidnapped my child. You stole him away from home, did you really expect this day wouldn't come?"

"Fuck you..." Left the brunette's lips faster than he intended and a harsh kick was sent to his ribcage. He grimaced and glared up at the man, who returned the stare angrily.

"I don't want to kill you, Mr. Redfield. Don't make me do this." His sharpened tone softened when both men heard a shrill cry from the room over.

"What the...?!" The man in the sunglasses ran towards that direction while more men kept Chris pinned to the ground. There was a loud commotion and another shrill cry of pain. Chris felt his heart racing in his ears, unable to function while the men pinning him raced to help.

He pushed himself to his feet and stumbled forward in the room, grabbing a leftover gun from the table. "I'm coming..." His hand clutched his side as he pushed the door open.

"No!" He heard their voice cry out, then the sound of something slicing into flesh. "Stop!" It wasn't just his companion's voice, but his own fathers as well.

"I never told you to do this!" Chris carefully opened the door, spying the father shoving all the people to the sides of the room and taking his son in his arms. "I told you not to do this."

"But sir! Your orders when we took him was to begin testing!"

"I've changed my mind!" He snarled, feeling his son pressed against his chest. He carefully removed the cords on his body and lifted him in his arms. He spotted Chris and his eyes narrowed before realization crossed his features. He didn't see resentment in the brunette's eyes, but rather worry. He began walking towards him, Chris opening the door to take the male into his arms.

The taller male clutched him, eyes widening slightly. "You're giving him to me?" Chris felt the male rest his head against his chest, eyes closing as he fell asleep. "Why?"

The man sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I haven't been the best father, I know that. When the testing first began it was ruthless and I thought nothing of the pain it had caused him." He closed his eyes before sighing. "And I can see you mean no harm to him... he's a good boy, troubled by a passed. But..." Chris cleared his throat, wanting him to stop the speech and get to the point. "My state is temporary. I cannot promise I won't switch and try to have them kill you and keep the testing going, but... I hope I can wait long enough for him to finally be safe."

"You're still a monster." Chris spoke, glaring at him slightly. "No matter what you do now, that's all I'll see you as."

"Your opinion of me doesn't matter. It's how my son feels that does." He snapped, roughly poking Chris' chest. "Now take him as far away as you can. Hide him. Until one day the world forgets him. Only then will he be safe."  With that the man locked himself in the testing lab and Chris turned to escape. His head was reeling and his side ached from the kicks. Yet he held the male tightly to himself as if he would lose him, winding around corridors until he finally burst outside into the cold mountain air.

As it entered his lungs he turned to look around, trying to locate a vehicle to get them out of there. But much to his dismay and inevitable horror. There was nothing. He knew they wouldn't make it very far down the mountain with things the way they were. So he trudged towards the one singular building that wasn't attached to the main base. Inside he found a fire still burning in the fireplace, laying the male down in front of it as he searched the place carefully. Once he made sure all the rooms were clear and kneeled beside the male.

"I don't understand the motives... But I'll take any chance to save the last thing I've got..." He sighed and hung his head. "There's the underlying problem. He knew we wouldn't make it far. He set us up for failure. Like a shitty father he is." His voice was dropped in venom, rage bubbling in his veins as his face grew hot.

"He wasn't always like that, you know..." Began the other male, slowly opening his eyes. "He used to be the best man ever. My one true hero..." Their voice was hoarse and they remained laying down, simply staring up at the ceiling.

"Well he's a piece of shit now." Chris answered, sounding more upset than he meant to. Regret filled his face when he saw hurt flash in their eyes. "I'm sorry, just don't have any reason to like him." He saw acceptance pool in their eyes, which made his throat tighten and heart race in his ears. He softly whispered their name and watched a small smile find their lips.

"I still admire him... Even if he's a piece of shit now..." He spoke, closing his eyes and shifting to sit up straight. Chris held him up, left hand on the small of the other's back.

"I understand." Which was genuinely a lie. Chris couldn't understand how his companion could still care about a shit father. It confused him beyond any reasonable doubt.

"No you don't..." He replied calmly. "And you don't have to. My feelings are my own. You don't know that man the way I did... the way I still do."