Chapter Two: Captain Redfield

(I'm thinking maybe Chris for this one)

After he had met Chris the brunette placed him in a room alone, where he looked around before stripping the clothes from his body. A knock sounded at his door while he was putting on a different pair of pants, pausing to look over his shoulders to see Chris eyeing him from the doorway. "I apologize for walking in on you, but I had a question."

Y/n nodded shyly, adjusting his pants as he turned to him. "What is it?" His face felt heated as he caught the male admiring his bare chest. He looked away and swallowed thickly.

"Will you help us take down your father?"

"No! I... I mean..." He brought his hands in front of his torso and began fumbling with his fingers. "I'd like to... but..."

He heard Chris enter the room and close the door, stepping closer until his was only mere inches away. "But what?"

"But he's my father, you know? It's hard to think about betraying him. You know for a long while he wasn't always like that..." He swallowed thickly as his hands became clammy, meeting the brunette haired man's eyes anxiously. He expected to see anger or distaste, but saw acceptance and kindness. His heart fluttered when he saw the male smile, face turning a visible pink.

"I get it." He stepped back and Y/n let the breath out that he had been holding. "So."

"So..." Y/n moved his hands behind his back and stood awkwardly. "What exactly am to allowed to do?"

"Whatever you'd like to," Chris answered genuinely.

"Thanks, when do you want to take my information?"

"I can take some or all of it now if that's okay, or whenever works for you. Feel free to look around. If you ask me, you should first focus on getting to know the place so you don't get lost." Y/n sucked in an audible breath as Chris' fingers brushing against the back of his hand to gingerly hold his wrist. "And I apologize for how we originally met."

"Right... because technically you kidnapped me." Y/n answered and felt his heart flutter at the taller man's chuckle.

"Guess so, but not for any sinister reason." He gently squeezed his hand and let go, his hands falling down to his sides. He smiled warmly and turned to the door as Jill entered calmly. "Hey you."

Y/n watched her greet him with a cheery smile. He couldn't decide if it was friendly or loving, but didn't want to think about it. He looked around his room like he had earlier before sitting on the bed. "Hey Chris." She greeted happily. "Hey can I talk to you for a second?" She has asked, dragging the brunette from the room and closing the door.

Y/n shook his head and smiles innocently and laid down on his back, closing his eyes and imagining him laying in a field of lilies, carnations, and more flowers. Rain lightly falling on his face, making him relax into the dirt beneath him. His eyes opened when the bed dipped, turning to see either Jill or Chris on either side of himself.

"Uh.... Hello?" He spoke awkwardly, sitting up. "So that information?"

"We can get it later, you should get some sleep. We'll have someone bring you dinner so you don't get lost." Chris lightly pat his shoulder before the two left the room.

"What a strange place this is. Such strange people." Y/n mumbled, moving around so his head lay on his pillow and his eyes closing. He felt himself drifting off to sleep, mind returning to his home.

He looked around and sighed, looking at the brightly colored ball room and all the people and their masks. He saw him standing there. That blonde menace he ran from. Only he did not pursue him across the room as he briskly walked away. Y/n found himself looking down at the pond outside in the garden, head hanging low as his father joined him.

"Fix your suit Y/n, we must look presentable." His father adjusted his clothes before smiling sweetly. "That's my boy. I'm so proud of you."

"Thanks dad," he smiled shyly. He looked into his fathers eyes and instead of seeing the insanity and anger he saw love and compassion. He smiled wider and followed his father back inside. "Mingle about Y/n, it's okay to be shy. But you have to meet new people, it will help you get out of that shell you put yourself in."

'You put me in my shell.' Y/n thought, looking around the room. As he walked a figure backed up and bumped him, causing him to fall backwards and be caught in a dip by the masked stranger.

"I do apologize." He spoke, voice deep and calming. Y/n's heart fluttered in his chest as the male pulled him upright and held him to his chest. "Are you okay?"

"Y-Yes," He answered shyly, pushing away and looking around the room awkwardly. "Thank you for not letting me fall on my ass."

"Not so proper as your father hm?"

Y/n gasped and covered his mouth. "Oh I'm sorry! I've got to go now!" He turned and went to run away when the man gently caught his arm in his hand and pulled him back.

"Would you like to dance before you run away from me Cinderella?" He asked, chuckling at his joke. Y/n sighed and shook his head. "Is that a no?"

"No, I just didn't expect to be called that. I suppose one dance couldn't hurt." He answered honestly and they positioned themselves perfectly. Y/n could smell the cologne on the man and nearly drowned in it, being swayed delicately around the dance floor.

"So tell me about your father. What's he like?"

"He's kind and generous."

"How long has he been a terrorist?"

"What?" Y/n shoved him away. "What the hell is-"

He gasped as he sat up, causing the woman who had gently shaken him awake to flinch and cower away. "Oh my god I'm sorry! I didn't mean to scare you I just... had a nightmare." She looked at him as her body relaxed, setting the food in his lap.

"Well I hope that makes you feel better."

"Thank you." With that the woman left and Y/n began eating quietly.