Chapter Three: Getting Used to This

Y/n found himself sitting in the back of one of the trucks, being driven to a temporary house that he was staying at for the time being. Chris was moving him to an actual house, but the male had no where to stay until then. As they pulled to a stop and he got out, pulling his suitcase from the back of the truck before walking to the door and unlocking it with the key Chris had happily provided. Granted. It was his house. Chris Redfield's humble abode that
Y/n and him were sharing until he got himself situated.

He stepped inside and closed the door behind himself, locking it as he walked to the guest room following Chris' instructions from earlier in the day. Chris had set a few ground rules, which Y/n could happily oblige.

Rule one: Keep the house clean

Rule Two: No hook-ups without notice

And so on. Y/n entered the guest room and looked around at the beige wallpaper and wooden floor before lifting the suitcase onto the bed and taking out his clothes. He had an hour before he'd need to do anything else, putting the clothes in the dark oak colored dresser and setting his shoes in the cubby by the door. He admired the room curiously. There, above the bed, was a large art piece of a Japanese scene. A young woman kneeled before a pond, her kimono inches from the edge as she reached down into the water to feel the coolness. There were Koi swimming around her hand and the pond happily.

Y/n smiled and turned away, stretching as he sat on the edge of the bed. He looked around, listening to the silence around him. He remembered one of the rules was to feed the cat. He got up, feeling his socks slide against the smooth wood and he left the room and stumbled through the house to the kitchen, seeing a bengal cat stare curiously at him from the island table.

She meowed at him in greeting and got up, stretching as she did so before watching him. He stepped into the room and grabbed the cat food, filling one bowl and grabbing her watering dish to give her some. Then he turned and watched her purring happily as she climbed down to eat. He left the room and found the living room, looking around curiously as he sat himself down.

"Cozy little home."

"Isn't it?"

Y/n physically jumped to his feet and spun to face the brunette.

"Heh, sorry." He chuckled, seeing Y/n's face slowly relax. "Didn't mean to scare you. Don't have to get all anxious around me. I'm nothing like those barbarians you trained with."

"Thank goodness for that." He replied honestly. "And I didn't hear you come in..."

"That's the point of being sneaky."

"Sneaky? Are you not supposed to be here?"

"Not... exactly no. I'm just here to check on you quickly before heading out to join the others on a mission."

"Ah I see. Well I think I've gotten a lot of the home memorized. I fed the cat, but I can't remember her name..."

"Holly." Chris replied cooly, smiling as the cat meowed and entered the room. She rubbed her head and body against his leg and he crouched down to pick her up, holding her like a baby.

 She rubbed her head and body against his leg and he crouched down to pick her up, holding her like a baby

(Basing her off a friend of mines cat named Holly who's a bengal that looks just like this)

He lovingly pet under her chin as she purred more and more, Y/n smiling as he watched the scene before him. Chris seemed relaxed for the moment, distracted even until he approached and gently put her in the shorter males arms. "You keep her good company while I'm gone okay?" Y/n's face burned pink at their proximity, but nodded nonetheless and smiled coyly back at him.

"Of course, I won't let her have a moment to be alone." He answered sweetly, watching Chris nod and reluctantly step back.

"Great. Hm. I feel like I'm forgetting something."

(A kiss 👀)

"That's alright Chris, maybe you can tell me later when you-"

"Oh yeah I wanted to ask if you wanted to forget getting your own place and be my roommate? I can help you get a job and all that when I'm home."

"You'd really do that for me?"

"Sure, I mean why not? What's the worst that could happen?"

"We become gay lovers?" Y/n offered up and felt his heart flutter at the brunettes breathy laugh.

"That's definitely not the worst thing!" He answered, smiling cheekily as his face light up with shock when he checked his watch. "Oh shit I gotta go! See you!"

"Bye!" Y/n called out, feeling the purring of Holly as she cuddled into his chest contently. He brought the cat to his room and gently sat on the bed, Holly falling fast asleep as he picked up his laptop. He decided that of all the things for him to do he would look for jobs first.

(Here's where I ask you what you want Y/n to do as a normal, maybe everyday, job)

As he looked he checked his emails, seeing one from Chris from yesterday. He smiled at the goofy way Chris speaks to him in person and out of it.

Hey Y/n

Guess what? I've found housing for you off the building! So you'll get to live on your own when you get a job. There's just one tiny detail I need to mention. You need somewhere to stay and I doubt you wanna stay in a hotel for months. Soooooooo you can stay with me! Isn't that great? Just the two of us great guys in a small house alone! I'll inform you of the rest later!

Chris

Y/n smiled shyly and looked away for a moment before setting the laptop to the side and laying on his back on the bed. Holly woke up and crawled up to sleep under his chin on his left shoulder, purring soundly. "I wonder what he's going to do?" He heard her softly mewl a reply, smiling and chuckling softly. "Yeah maybe." He closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.