11

Valerie PoV

Im packing my bag for shift when Drake walks in the room.

"Your son is on my last nerve." He growls and I spin around.

"So he's my son? Not ours?" I ask and he blows out a frustrated breath.

"He just called me a dick." Drake says quickly and my jaw drops.

"Did you-"

"He got his ass whooped is what he got." Drake says and I groan.

"Really? He's gotta go to school."

"Really. He'll be sitting on a sore ass for about an hour." He shot back and I but my lip.

He was right.

"Where is he?" I question and Drake points upstairs.

Daniel comes walking downstairs in an obvious pout and I groan.

He's grumpy.

I pick him up and grab his backpack before heading to the car.

"I no go." He says with a huff and and I chuckle.

"Oh you're going." I respond and he slaps me.

He. Slapped. Me.

I pull him inside and to the kitchen where I grab the wooden spoon.

"Woah, he's still a little young for that don't you think?" Drake asks and I shake my head.

I hold him up by his arm and swing the spoon down 5 times with barely any force, just enough to give that sting the spoon creates.

"Little boy lets get one thing straight." I say as I set him down and pull his gaze to me, "You ever hit me, or anyone and it's not out of self defense, I will blister your butt and take everything from you except for your bed and clothes."

"He hit you?" Drake asks and I nod.

"I get one phone call, you're grounded from all your toys." I warn and Daniel nods through his broken hearted cries.

I pull him into my arms and lightly rub his backside in order to held rid of some of the sting.

He sobs into my shoulder and I cringe at the glare Drake is sending me.

I take Daniel back outside to the car and Drake grabs my duffel bag for me.

We quickly drop him off at preschool and head to the fire station.

"You're not taking a spoon to him again until he's at a minimum 8 years old." Drake says coldly and I scoff.

"And you have the final decision?" I ask and he glares at me.

"In this situation, yes. You're not going to go overboard on my son." He says matching my tone.

"I'm allowed to discipline my son how I see fit." I snap and Drake crosses his arms as we head to the locker rooms.

"You use anything other than your hand until he's around 8-10, you best find a damn lawyer Valerie." He growls and I slap him.

"Woah!" Levi yells as he runs behind me and holds my arms back, "What's going on?"

"So you deserve the spoon now? Exactly what Daniel did this morning was it not?"

"Threaten me with my son again and I'll be the one taking your sorry ass to court." I warn and Drake rolls his eyes.

"On what leg to stand on? I've got abandonment on you."

He. Did. Not.

"I've got cheating on you." I crack back and his face pales.