17

Levi PoV

I let Valerie go get in turnout gear while I meet with Gabriel, Bracy, Marks, and Chief.

I'm the first to break the awkward silence, "What's the game plan?"

"We start from the west and cover everything we can to put this thing out. It's gonna be tough" Ben explains and Marks clears his throat.

"Bracy, paramedics are on a chopper, if someone gets hurt, fly them to the hospital three towns over." Jackson orders and I glance around.

"Gabriel and Jameson, I expect 100% out of your teams. Understood?" Marks asks and we both nod.

We all return to the couches and I bring everyone to me, "Get in a circle, we're fixing to pray."

"Why?" Someone from second shift asks and I raise an eyebrow.

"Because we need Gods protection right now and we could die?" I say in the form of a question.

"Everyone huddle up." Ben orders and I nod at him.

Valerie is beside me and we all rest our hands on each others shoulders.

"Father God, we pray to you today that as we risk our lives to fight this fire that you are with us, that we can glorify your name, that we can save as many homes and people as you allow us, and that all of are able to bring our families home and make it back to them. I'm Jesus precious name, Amen."

A series of "Amen." Is heard and the one dude scoffs.

"I rely on myself."

I clench my jaw shut and look at his uniform.

"Banks?"

"Lieutenant, Banks." He corrects and I smirk.

"Lieutenant Jameson." I shrug and he glares at me.

Valerie walks over and she shows me her phone.

"Ask Levi if I have permission to pop her in her mouth if this little girl swears at me one more time." -Alayna

"Yeah." Is all I say and she starts typing.

Alayna POV

I wrap my free hand around my belly and start rubbing, trying to calm baby boy down.

My phone dings and I see Valerie respond with a yeah.

"Gabriella you've got one more time to swear at me and I'm popping you in your mouth. Understood?" I ask and she rolls her eyes, "I asked if I was understood, young lady."

"I heard you." She shrugs and I chuckle.

I look up through my mirror and guide my hand to her thigh before slapping it down.

"Ow!" She screams and it wake Audrea up.

"Try me and just as soon as we're out of the danger zone I will pull over at the closest gas station and tear you up." I warn and she crossed her arms, looking out the window.

I feel my phone vibrate and I pick it up as we come to get another dead stop.

Everything's good so far, I've got Jameson watching Val like a hawk. Keep yourself and them kids safe Mamas. Don't stress too much, it could make the baby upset.

I smile at the text from Ben and feel relief wash over me. I raised that girl and the thought of anything happening to her, or Ben, drives me absolutely mad.

"Was that my Dad?" Gabby asks quietly and I sigh.

"No hun it wasn't but if your Dad or Valerie messages me I'll let you know."

Gabby sinks down into her seat while Daniel starts throwing toys.

"Cut it out." Gabby whispers quietly to him and he pouts but stops.

I continue to drive and everything stays quiet for a few moments. I look up and see all three kids are on their tablets or phone.

"Daniel stop!" Audrea screams and I groan to see my nephew pulling my daughters hair.

"Daniel Benjamin I'm five seconds away from pulling over and busting your little butt." I warn and he crosses his arms with a huff, giving me Valeries signature 'go fuck your self' look.

Audrea starts screaming and I chuckle, calling Ben on the Bluetooth. The fire still hasn't reached them so it's safe to call.

"What's up Mamas?" He asks worriedly and I smirk.

"I need you, Levi, and Valerie to go in an office and put me on speaker." I order and he says 'okay' before staying quiet

I can hear him talking to Levi and Val before a door closes.

"Alright your on speaker." He announces and I let out a sigh.

"Each and every one of your kids is on the verge or getting their butts torn up. Can you please put the fear of God in these children because I am pregnant and it hurts my fat swollen hands to pop them so if I have to tear Gabby up I'm grabbing a spoon or hairbrush and with Daniel and Audrea I- They're too small I'd have to use my hand." I rant and I hear Levi taking the phone.

"Gabby if Alayna tells me one more time that you're being anything but perfect for her, when you come back you're not only going to get spanked, but you'll be grounded for a month. Am I understood, Gabriella?" He warns and Gabby mutters out a quiet 'yes sir'. "And Daniel, you just keep this attitude up and you'll be over my lap with no toys as well. Clear?"

"You're not my Daddy." Daniel huffs and Valerie chuckles.

"Alayna can you pop him in the mouth for me?" Valerie asks and Daniel shields his lips.

I take my rings off and drive with my knees, turn around, move his hand, and pop him in the mouth.

"Audrea, you listening to me?" Ben asks.

"I didn't even do anything bad!" She screams and I groan.

"My head hurts."

"Audrea you listen to me good, Mommy will spank you and I'm telling you now that if you don't get your act together and be my sweet daughter, I won't keep my act together and I'll be a swat happy dad when you get back." Ben warns and Audrea starts crying.

"I didn't do anything!" She defends herself and I can hear Ben groan.

"I said if you do. I never said you did baby girl. Now we have to go and all three of us love the three of you, I promise we'll bring you home." Ben says before we hang up.

If he survives this, him and Valerie are both quitting.