ONE

────── ──────

THE ARRIVAL

It's nice finally meeting you tonight, hope to meet up with you again in my dreams.

────── ──────

cassandrabeaufort  12m

Send message

THE PLANE has finally landed on the island of O'ahu. Cassandra grows with more excitement when she steps foot into a place of paradise. Well, almost. But first, she has to find her luggage and her ride, then once she steps foot at the hotel, it'll finally be paradise. In her eyes it will.

When she gets everything settled, almost taking her a little over an hour. Cassandra makes it out and looks for a man holding a sign up with her name. Specifically her last name. Her eyes look around at each sigh being held up. An old local man wearing a bright sun hat and a big smile, looks at her with a sign that reads BEAUFORT.

She gives him a wave and jogs over to him, taking her suitcase with her. "Aloha, Miss Beaufort." He greets her, taking off his hat. Cassandra smiles and hold her hand out for a hand shake. "Aloha, there. You must be my ride."

The old man holds his hand and shakes it. "No, no. Sorry, miss. But that's now how we do it here in Hawaii." Cassandra's eyebrows knot in confusion. She waits and watches the man go in for a hug. "This is how we say hello to each other." He hugs her tightly, swaying her from side to side.

Cassandra makes a little giggle as they let go. "I apologize, thank you for informing me, sir."

The man purses his lips. Humming in disagreement. Cassandra must've done something wrong again, she stops speaking and waits for him to correct her. "Call me Uncle Kane instead. It's a local thing." She exhales out of relief and chuckles. "I'll make sure to do that, Uncle Kane."

"Ah, good already, you learn fast for one girl." He says in an unfamiliar accent. "Now, come on, let me help you with your things. The car is over there, follow me."

Cassandra is headed off to Prince Waikiki, a hotel the model agency has arranged for her to stay in for the shoot she's doing here. The reason she flew across the world for. The sun is already setting as they drive through town. Cassandra looks out the window in amaze.

The sky filled with pink, orange, and blue hues all mixed together—just something you never see in France. City lights start to turn on as the sky grows dark. Uncle Kane pulls up in a turn and there the hotel was. Two buildings tower over them once they pull up to the front.