SEVEN

⊱ ────── ༻✦༺ ────── ⊰

You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire you. ❞

⊱ ────── ༻✦༺ ────── ⊰

NEYMAR AND CASSANDRA walk down the long path near the Waikiki beach together. The streets are getting more empty as the night gets late. Cassandra's busy admiring her new little keychain as they walk. Neymar looks over at her for the millionth time tonight.

"I'm glad you like it." He smiles.

"Oh—sorry about not talking. I really do like this, thank you again." She let's out that laugh. The same laugh he loves to hear from her. "You're fine and it's no problem." Neymar says back.

They pass by a small ice cream shop that's about to close. A woman walks out, calling for them. "Excuse me, Miss?" She asks. Cassandra turns her head and stops. "I hope I'm not bothering your outing tonight, but we're closing for the night and would love to ask you two if you'd like some ice cream? There's some extra bits left over." She explains.

Neymar's eyebrows shoot up. "Uh, sure. You want ice cream?" He leans down to ask Cassandra. She nods, "I'd love some ice cream."

The woman grows a big smile. "Please, come in. Now, unfortunately we don't have our shave ice and lihimui flavors, we always sell out of those ones since it's our most popular, but we do have our classics. Choose anything."

"I'd love to have a scoop of the matcha flavored one." Cassandra licks her lips from the view of all the ice creams behind the glass cover. "How about you're lovely boyfriend?" The woman smirks at Cassandra.

"Oh, no, no." She chuckles. "He's not my boyfriend. He's just one of my good friends." Neymar's lips part as he hears the woman make the assumption that they are a couple. "Yeah, we—we aren't dating." Neymar joins in.

"Oh my goodness! I am so sorry, please forgive me for my assumption." The lady grows a little red. "It's just that your pua on your left ear, I thought he was your boyfriend."

"My left ear?" Cassandra grows a little confused.

"In Hawaii," she starts, "if you wear a flower on your left ear it means you're either married or taken by someone, so I assumed that you two were a lovely couple on a night stroll. I must apologize again, Miss."

Cassandra chuckles to lighten the mood. "You know what, that is on me. I had no idea there was such a thing. You don't need to apologize, thank you for informing me." She quickly switches her flower over to her right ear.

"I guess all of us aren't perfect, are we?" The woman gives the two the sweetest smile. "I will agree with you on that. Isn't that right, Junior?" Cassandra looks over at Neymar. He smiles at the thought of her calling him that.

"I can agree with the two of you on that." He smiles with his lips.

"Okay, what can I get you, Sir?" She moves onto Neymar. "I'll go with the biscotti flavored ice cream. It sounds like it tastes good." He smiles. "Biscotti does indeed taste brilliant." Cassandra groans, regretting her choice a little.

Neymar makes a little laugh at her comment. The woman hands the two ice creams in their own cones to each of them. "How much will the ice creams be?" Neymar starts pulling out his wallet.

"No, I got it." Cassandra also makes her way to her purse to pull out her card. The lady makes a noice. "Ah, ah, no paying. This one's on the house." She shakes her head.

"Please, let me pay." Cassandra tries to fight back. "No, I'll pay for the cones." Neymar jumps himself in. "No one is paying, you two have an amazing rest of your night." She places her hand out, refusing for any of the two to pay her.