Chapter one

Mirabel's World.
My set alarm woke me up as usual, I wore my slippers that was lying beside the bed even though the bed was a bit small for my liking.

But I still manage, That's me I love managing, did I say that aloud, oh no nobody loves managing  I see it as pretence.

i took my phone and plays my favorite artist song Jowo by davido my idol
And he is my celebrities crush I love all his music but I mostly relate with this one particular, that girl he featured in this song what's her name again nengi the big brother naija ex-housemate I hate her, I'm I allow to hate her oh no but she is so beauty, her skin is gorgeously created I know I have white skin but I can't compete with her's these was what was going through my head as I dance on the sound of the music, but Sometimes I wondered if I was the one he featured in the music, will I be good because she nailed it, she was fantastic playing that character when I saw it first I thought about or rather I wish it was a movie no longer a music video that's how extend she convinced me and I related to her character.

Listening to music and dancing is like a normal routine for me before I go to school I must dance and sing along the song even though my little brother had told me that I am the worst singer and dancer to ever walk in this planet called earth I was hurt by what he said, but he was just a little boy that was being honest even though people have said am not good at it but they weren't harsh like my brother, I think they didn't want to hurt my feelings.

After my first routine of dance I went to my bathroom and I took out my brush and started brushing my teeth and I was looking at my reflection through the wall mirror I love mirror I guess everyone do especially girls they love mirror because it captions our beauty. Mirabel! Mirabel!
That's my mother calling from the parlor I heard it very clear but i ignore it i love
Ignoring her but not too long she called again.

Mirabel go to my room and meet your brother he is sad remember it is his birthday, he doesn't what to go to school said my mother.

Oh my God is my brothers birthday I totally forgot, my mother just reminded me of my brother's birthday. after now I will start arguing that I know my brother more than anyone. i ons the tab so as to get water and gets the tooth paste fluid out of my mouth but there was no water running so I spite out the fluid that was still in my mouth and I dropped the brush in its normal position and looks at the mirror there's a stain of paste fluid on my lips so I used my back palm to wipe it off and then I left the room and went to my moms room and I found my little brother Ifeanyi on the bed crying and his uniform was in the bed besides him the uniform top was yellow and the hikar was green with a straight line of a yellow color on both of the side and their was no pocket because it wasn't their mean uniform is their P. E .

Happy birthday to Ifeanyi hap... Don't come closer to me he cut in as he raised his face towards me i noticed his eyes has turn red due to the crying. You forgot my birthday today he added with sad tone.
I manage to control myself so I went to him on the bed and i sat down.

look dear your big sister can't forget your birthday ah ah naw is me oh mirabel your favorite sister I lied about remembering it and it made him to stop weping.

You remembered said Ifeanyi as he turns to me and his little hand touches mine, I nodded yes with smile on my face, thats life for you give people want they want and tell them what they want to hear thats my life philosophy I said in my mind and then Ifeanyi asked the big question.

Where is my birthday day gift? He asked.

thats when it hit on me lies has a way of backfiring. Gift I said looking confuse.

Yes my birthday gift as he smiles at me, his smile can change anyone's heart I can't even hurt him by telling him I don't have a gift as I think of what to tell him I remembered that my best friend from my former school when I was still living in Lagos gifted me a gift.
Okay wait for me here let me go and get it I said finally and left and I went to my room and took out the jotter that i was gifted by someone so special to me, touching that jotter brought back the feelings that I felt, when the guy I like so much gifted me the book that's when I was in ss3 in Lagos but unfortunately I didn't write my waec there, my parents transported me from city to village it was a bit of transformation from a city girl to a village girl that was a year and eight months now but the guy is now in america we talk over the phone sometimes and then suddenly I lost him, maybe because it was a distance relationship, we didn't even official become a boyfriend and girlfriend, I tried all I could to reach out to him but to no avail I guess he found someone more beautiful than me I was heart broken I felt like I was served a breakfast but like they say what couldn't kill you will make you stronger I kisses the jotter and I took one of my pen and went back to my brother Ifeanyi and I hide it behind my back Tara! I show it to him.