Manic ( wolfstar)

Tw: mention of bipolar disorder, manic episode, overall shock and trauma, light PTSD. Claustrophobia and anxiety.
I myself am not bipolar but many of my relatives are
Feel free to correct me on any information I may have mistaken
___________________________

It had been two years since Sirius had told his friends that he was bipolar. Like any good friends they took it well and offered to help him in any way they could.
Sirius was very grateful for having such supportive friends, because after all, it was the 70s, and getting a diagnosis was a lot harder than it is now.

Although he told his friends about the disorder, he didn't tell them about the things it includes. He kept this a secret from all of them. Well, not all of them.
He had told Remus and James, he didn't tell peter because, well he didn't really know why but he just had a feeling telling him not to.

But now it was Summer and all the stress of school and life was forgotten. The marauders plus the girls had already spent four great weeks together, going out, swimming, sleepovers at James's, it was an amazing Summer. Remus thought so too.

He was sitting in his room after he had come back from the lake, he had been there with the lot. Except Sirius, for some reason Sirius had just blown them off and not shown up. Sirius had been acting rather down lately but Remus thought nothing of it.

Suddenly a sharp tap on his window made him spring out of his thoughts. It was Nocta, the owl that Regulus and Sirius shared. A little flutter in Remus hoped that it was an explanation for Sirius not showing up today, but that flutter left and turned into a lead weight when he read the letter.

Dear Remus

This is Regulus, I am writing to you in regard of Sirius. He has not been home in a week and I am truly hoping he is with you and not in danger. Mother and father do not seem to care but I for one am getting rather worried. Please write back as soon as you receive this letter.

Yours sincerely
R. A. B

Panic rose up in him as he re read the letter for the third time. He has not been home in a week. These words shook Remus to the core. Quickly he replied, trying to use his most sophisticated language.

Dear Regulus
As much as it pains me to say, i too have not seen or heard from Sirius in quite some time.
I would like to invite you to meet up with James and I tomorrow.
Please meet us at 12:00 at the Pepperpot cafe in London so we can discuss this situation in depth.

I hope to see you tomorrow

Remus Lupin

As he tied the letter to Nocta's claw he couldn't help but worry even more. Oh how he wished that Sirius was safe. If he wasn't then- Remus didn't know what he would do.

He quickly sent a letter to James containing the same information and went to sleep.
___________________________

Remus hadn't seen Regulus in over a year but now he was sitting in front of the once shy boy who was trying to keep his emotions in place.

"He's told you hasn't he?"
Regulus said while picking up his mug to take a sip of his coffee.

James looked up, confused.
"Told us what?"
"You mean about the fact that he's, well you know?"

Regulus swallowed his drink quickly before responding. "Yes, that is what i mean."

Remus couldn't wait any longer.
"I don't understand how you two can just sit here and chat while your best friend and your brother is missing!"  Pointed at each of them on the emphasised words.
"We have to find him!"